STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I am scared of the Human Nature.

anusha
Dark, dangerous and sinful, the shadow of a man’s personality bangs at the door, while I sit in torturous solitude, in a dimly lit box of shredded dreams, vaporised aspirations and crushed desires. In the damp and cold room, is a mirror, hanging from the ceiling, scratched and shattered at places, but even in the deteriorated state of what was once a beautiful glass, our nature wouldn’t allow us to accept defeat and gaze into itself, to have the opportunity to face what one has become, to confirm inherent fears, to replay the few moments when one could laugh without a care, to stare at God and have questions answered. All you can do is lock yourself in the dark room, clutching your knees as you rock back and forth, waiting for the day you would be permitted to look at where you started from what and you had become. And all the while, the mirror hangs from the ceiling, patiently standing askew as it waits for the day it knows will never come.
Human nature is a chaotic façade of something which is always struggling with itself, beating on its inside, destroying everything which consists of humanity, pulling apart each loose end till it couldn’t even claim it had some threads to talk about. In the end, all that’s left is a broken spirit, mangled soul and a strangled heart, while the mind continues to plan its devious and decadent plans, aiming the destruction, unknowingly, towards itself.
And yet, it is my human nature that I talk about, talk to, arguing every second of the day, pleading and begging till my throat is parched, and still wouldn’t receive relief.
No one has ever blinked in God’s face, and as I wander in that cramped space, I wonder and ponder the possibility of the unthinkable being achieved by me. To challenge our apparent maker, to look into his eyes and see my reflection gaze back at me, as I had always been told that God resides in oneself, and yet I wanted to confirm the truth.
Endlessly, I loiter about in my own mind, strolling in and out of its depths, hoping to somehow catch a glimpse of myself, of Him. But my nature would shake its head at me, denying me the right to gather courage to face myself, and it traps me in that room, making me realize that I will always have a choice and as I look up at the back of the mirror, the blackness smiles kindly at me, the ever present pain of never having been used reflected in its every etching. I finally bow my head in my folded arms, resting them on my curled up legs; defeated, for it is me stopping myself from facing reality, a crumbling jigsaw puzzle that had been scrambled and put together an umpteen number of times to form fantasy, perhaps destined forever to conceal the truth within me, from me.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy