STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I Am Scared of Lonliness

lilaznprincess85
Of the multitude of things I could fear in my life, I am scared of loneliness. I've had numerous affairs throughout my life, gone through trial and tribulation-run myself ragged trying to get through some of them, but I got through them nonetheless; however, the one thing that reoccurred throughout the depths of my mind as I paced forward was, what exactly am I running from? At one point, I was running from all sorts of bugs, but I realized I don't fear them (for all I knew, they were just living their meager lives) who would I be if I were to murder them for being alive?
I am the track-runner, who runs but doesn't know why or if I'm running from something or toward a destination.
My perspective didn't change overnight, it was a gradual realization-as if I was coming out of a coma that I had been in for a millennia. I'd constantly had good grades, behaved in school, but once I was going to high school, I questioned what I would be remembered for. I questioned, whether or not I would be able to leave my footprints on the 'sands of time', if not many but just at least one.
I am the thinker, who questions the past, present and future.
As a Freshman, I had many friends-despite the tendencies of people at my school to form cliques. I said hello to everyone, I knew their face and a brief description of who their personality was. To me, that was the popularity I searched for since middle school. How naïve I was then.
I am the child, who believes in humanity.
Every time a teacher would call out the word 'group' I secluded myself. I didn't want to trust other people. Not because they were untrustworthy, but because I couldn't be bothered to depend on them. My grades were my grades, no person should get in my way whether I liked them or not. As that progressed, people in my group would talk amongst themselves, but never to me. They would discuss things that I found didn't really matter and coined 'small talk,' nothing worth my attention.
I am the wolf, who has no limits, no one to rely on and no one to wait for.
When it came down to it and I finished the project, I stayed silent- my personality(of which people have come to call 4-dimensional) remained dormant. Now you may think that I am extremely shy or must be, well I'm not. I find that I'm just extremely critical of things and if I should concern myself with them or not. I don't partake in anything half-heartedly. When I say I am going to do something, no matter how late it may be, I do it. When I say someone is my friend, that means I allow them to pass boundaries that others cannot. The hardest thing for me was to figure out who would be able to respect me as I do them and take care of me for the times when I felt like I would drop.
I am the adventurer, who loves taking risks and making new boundaries
Right now, I am a high school senior in California, 17 years old. I am in 6 clubs(yes, it's not a typo.), won homecoming skits for the third time in a row, and I aid underclassman and those who ask for my help. My parents are not fully literate, and I've always had to keep a front. Be the strong one, the one everyone goes to when they need a shoulder to cry on, when they need someone to talk to, when they need a rational person to get advice from. I'm no different from anyone else, than those I help. I've faced the hurdles, tumbled and tripped but conquered all those so far.
I am the knight in shining armor, who's going to rescue and aid all those who call for my help.
However, the current question that boggles me like no other is-when I become the damsel in distress, who's shoulder will I cry on?
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy