STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My hero is my Mom

ghartung1
My Hero is my Mom

“A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, “where mother is”. This quote by Keith L. Brooks explains it all. Many people take their mothers for granted, never thinking about what they would do if she suddenly were gone. Many people don’t realize that she is the one who wipes the tears, or that she is the one who can magically cure any ailment with a single hug or kiss. She’s the one who has stood up for you in every occasion, who protects you with all her might. My mother has been that woman, a woman who is strong-willed, loving, and supportive till the very end.

Everything I’ve done, my mother has been there; everything I want to do, she’s behind me 100%; and everything I want to be I know she’ll be there for me. I wanted to join ROTC, and she encouraged me to do it. I want to go into college and join the military as an officer, something that’s very hard to do. Many people say it’s impossible, but my mom is one of the few people telling me to go for it, that it IS some thing I can do and that it’s NOT impossible. She is the one telling me that I can be somebody and will be somebody, that no one can tell me different. My mom is there when I need to talk, whether it’s my future or something as little as a guy a like. She’s someone who I know I can talk to and who will be there for me.

My mom is a person who has always been there to help when I’ve needed it, to guide me in the right direction, and has made me the person I am today. It could be as simple as helping me with homework or something much bigger like helping me choose the path I will take as a responsible adult in the future. She’s helped me when it comes to school, work, or even at home on a number of different matters. She’s taught me to be honest and independent, to be respectful and sympathetic to others as well as to myself. My mom has had 2 surgeries that have nearly crippled her and yet she’s stayed strong, teaching me along the way things that I would have never been able to learn by myself.

She and I been through many things together and we’ve gotten through them, together. She’s someone who I can depend on, someone who I can talk to or laugh with or cry on. There are things that people need to go through on their own, things they learn from, things that make them who they are as a person. But there are things that can’t be learned from a book or even from your own experiences, things that only a mother could teach you. She brought me into the world 17 years ago, and she’s spent 17 years of her life teaching me, caring for me, and shaping me into the person I am now. That is something only a mother could do. My mom is my teacher, my protector, and my friend, but most important of all, she’s my mother.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy