I Am Scared of Telling Guys How I feel About Them

Caragal
With Halloween sneaking upon us the topic of fears has come up quite often between my friends and I. Mostly I have been hearing the obvious answers such as spiders, serial killers, and death. I find, though, that I don't really have these common fears. I mean, sure after watching a marathon of Criminal Minds or viewing The Blair Witch Project with a group of friends I am left a little on edge, but I would not consider these as true fears.
I may sound slightly pathetic by saying this, but I am deathly afraid of telling guys how I feel about them. As if talking to them isn't hard enough, how am I supposed to go up to a guy I know well and say "you mean a lot to me"? So instead of doing this (as it surely would take all my courage and weeks of mental preparation), I just avoid getting into close relationships with guys. By abstaining from this type of social interaction I may be emotionally harming myself by not allowing this experience but I also don't have to worry about my fear. I know this is not the best solution to my problem and that I should probably instead get to know as many guys as I can in order to gain experience. Unfortunately though, I have never been good and problem solving.
While I do not really talk to that many guys, I still have a couple good friends that are male. I consider this to be practice for future friendships with guys. So this Halloween it is safe to say I won't be making out with any boy in a vampire costume at Sheila's party, but at least I won't be getting mononucleosis either.