I am Scared of Getting Scared.

Roseneddie
Scared has two definitions. Number one: The fear of going on roller-coaster rides. Number two: That feeling you get when you’re alone and paranormal things happen.

The Nursery Room

“Yes, my Grandma died, but it was a long time ago.” Alyssa, my friend stated. It was early in September of 2011.
“Did she say anything before she passed away?” I glanced over at the leaves falling to ground.
Alyssa briefly hesitated. “She said that she would visit the nursery room in the basement of our house.”
“You’re kidding!” As naïve as the 13 year old girl I was, I just couldn’t contain myself. “Did she visit?”
“We think it’s her when our nursery lights flicker on and off.”
“What happens when you see them flicker?” my eyes felt as wide as an owls.
“I run back upstairs.”

I am scared of getting scared.

Bedtime Visitors

Fast forward to 2012 Thanksgiving. My aunt is telling me a real story about her son, also my cousin.
“When Bob, your cousin, was little, I would sometimes hear him talk at night. Clearly, no was in Bob’s room, aside from Bob himself. At times, in his words, he said he saw something glowing right outside his bedroom door.” My aunt wore a concerned expression, and she had me enthralled in the story.
“Was it a night light or something?” I reciprocated her concerned expression.
“It wasn’t a night light, but it was something. Bob explained to me that he switched on the light in his room, but the glowing light had disappeared.” The way she was telling me just gave me chills like something was creeping up my spine.

I am scared of getting scared.

Midnight

“Paige… I just don’t know if I should tell you.” Rebekah, another friend of mine murmured.
It was the end of 2012 November in Michigan.
“No, Becca! I can handle it!” I pulled an encouraging smile.
“Okay, but don’t say I didn’t warn you!” she joked.
“This was 2 or 3 years ago. You know how I share a room with three of my sisters; Leah, Mary and Kathryn? Well, it was in the middle of the night, and Kathryn got out of bed. She started walking; sleep walking…” It was like I was actually there, as Rebekah described her spine-tickling story.
“Kathryn is the youngest in your family, right?” I recalled.
Rebekah nodded and continued, “Yes, she was nine at the time. She moved sort of slow and disoriented like. I thought it was so funny…at first. She was walking towards the door, and before I saw her go down the hallway, I saw…” Rebekah took a glimpse over at me. My breathing was shallow, and I my heart was numb.
“Please! Don’t stop! What did you see?”
“A red and glowing demon was following Kathryn.”

I am scared of being the person getting scared.
Comment by makenzipoop

Whoa! I'm so scared, now! You should win!! This is so good!
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 4:58:17 PM