STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I am Scared of Getting Scared.

Roseneddie
Scared has two definitions. Number one: The fear of going on roller-coaster rides. Number two: That feeling you get when you’re alone and paranormal things happen.

The Nursery Room

“Yes, my Grandma died, but it was a long time ago.” Alyssa, my friend stated. It was early in September of 2011.
“Did she say anything before she passed away?” I glanced over at the leaves falling to ground.
Alyssa briefly hesitated. “She said that she would visit the nursery room in the basement of our house.”
“You’re kidding!” As naïve as the 13 year old girl I was, I just couldn’t contain myself. “Did she visit?”
“We think it’s her when our nursery lights flicker on and off.”
“What happens when you see them flicker?” my eyes felt as wide as an owls.
“I run back upstairs.”

I am scared of getting scared.

Bedtime Visitors

Fast forward to 2012 Thanksgiving. My aunt is telling me a real story about her son, also my cousin.
“When Bob, your cousin, was little, I would sometimes hear him talk at night. Clearly, no was in Bob’s room, aside from Bob himself. At times, in his words, he said he saw something glowing right outside his bedroom door.” My aunt wore a concerned expression, and she had me enthralled in the story.
“Was it a night light or something?” I reciprocated her concerned expression.
“It wasn’t a night light, but it was something. Bob explained to me that he switched on the light in his room, but the glowing light had disappeared.” The way she was telling me just gave me chills like something was creeping up my spine.

I am scared of getting scared.

Midnight

“Paige… I just don’t know if I should tell you.” Rebekah, another friend of mine murmured.
It was the end of 2012 November in Michigan.
“No, Becca! I can handle it!” I pulled an encouraging smile.
“Okay, but don’t say I didn’t warn you!” she joked.
“This was 2 or 3 years ago. You know how I share a room with three of my sisters; Leah, Mary and Kathryn? Well, it was in the middle of the night, and Kathryn got out of bed. She started walking; sleep walking…” It was like I was actually there, as Rebekah described her spine-tickling story.
“Kathryn is the youngest in your family, right?” I recalled.
Rebekah nodded and continued, “Yes, she was nine at the time. She moved sort of slow and disoriented like. I thought it was so funny…at first. She was walking towards the door, and before I saw her go down the hallway, I saw…” Rebekah took a glimpse over at me. My breathing was shallow, and I my heart was numb.
“Please! Don’t stop! What did you see?”
“A red and glowing demon was following Kathryn.”

I am scared of being the person getting scared.
Rate this:
Comment by makenzipoop

Whoa! I'm so scared, now! You should win!! This is so good!
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 4:58:17 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy