My Hero is My Cousin, Logan

keberania
Everyone has a hero of some kind; it could either be a super hero such as spider man, a police officer or even someone who just inspired them. For some people a hero is what helps them to overcome issues to get them though the day as for others it just someone they think is cool or has made changes in our society that they liked. My hero is my cousin Logan; he is only seven years old but has made the biggest impact in my life. One would not think that someone at such a young age can affect people at any age, but it happens.
Logan was diagnosed with cerebral palsy and a ton of other things that I am not sure of a few months after he was born. Before Logan was born I would laugh at kids that were disabled because I was not aware of the pain they have to go though for their whole life. Not only did that help me see that you should not judge people before you know what is wrong because last year I broke my leg and was in a wheel chair, but you could not tell that I had a broken leg because I just had surgery on it and did not have anything around it and a guy passed by me and was saying rude things because he did not know what was wrong with me he was just assuming that I was in a wheel chair because I was lazy. Once I realized that birth defects were not a joke it turned my whole life around, now when I see a disabled person I pray that every think works out for the best. Although Logan cannot talk he is my hero because I know he is fighting for his life and I enjoy seeing him make progress every day.
One time I went with my aunt to Logan’s school to see how he learned and I met many other disabled kids that were trying their best to be on top like everyone else. Seeing these kids made Logan more of a hero to me than he already was. Every kid had a different disability but looking at most of them you could not tell with a naked eye that anything was wrong with them, other than they acted different.
Logan is my hero because he helped me to open my eyes and see that you do not know what is wrong with people and that judging someone before you know what is wrong with them is wrong.