“I am scared about people dying without knowing Jesus.”

Nathanael
Death Without Knowing Christ

Something which scares me is that people die daily without knowing Jesus. Nobody knows when one dies. The Bible, in which I believe, says that Jesus is the only way to heaven. According to the teachings of Jesus, all the people who do not acknowledge him are to perish, because they reject Jesus as their Savior in life. It am deeply concerned about my friends who do not know Jesus this way.
Our world has over seven billion people. Out of these 155,000 die every day! There is always a chance that one is included in that number. A person never knows when he/she will die. People who do not have an aim in life are often frightened about their future. I am not scared about my future at all, because I believe that when I die I can go to heaven and live with Jesus. However I am worried for those who do not have this living hope in Jesus that I have.
According to the Bible Jesus is the only way to heaven. Jesus says:“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”(John 14:6) The “Father” is God, and God is in heaven. If Jesus is the only way to heaven, I want to follow him my whole life. It profoundly disturbs me to know that there are many people who have not yet heard or accepted Jesus as their Savior.
The Bible also says that the people who do not believe in Jesus will perish: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”(John 3:16) According to this verse people who do not know Jesus have no hope after death. I am seriously burdened and passionately concerned for everybody who does not believe in Jesus.
Thinking about the fate of my friends, strangers, and even enemies who do not know Jesus really scares me. One of Jesus' parables in Luke 15:4-7 is about a shepherd that has 100 sheep. One of the sheep gets lost. The shepherd looks for the sheep while the other 99 sheep are left behind. He joyfully returns, because he has found the lost one. I consider the lost sheep as one of my friends, a stranger, or even an enemy. Therefore I will do everything to find many lost sheep and lead them to the shepherd.
For me it is alarming to know, that everyday 155,000 people die. Most of them have not heard about Jesus. The Bible says that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Therefore I conclude, that I want to follow Jesus with all my heart. I will share this with everyone who desires to get to know Jesus. I am deeply convinced that with Jesus one can overcome the scariest situation in life, and still have peace that is beyond all understanding.

Sources:
-"Chemical Brain Preservation How to Live Forever." World Future Society. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Oct. 2013. http://www.wfs.org/content/chemical-brain-preservation-%E2%80%93-how-live-%E2%80%9Cforever%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%93-my-worldfuture-2012-talk
-"Bible Gateway." BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible Passage in 64 Languages and 169 Versions. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Oct. 2013. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2014:6&version=NIV
-The NIV. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Bible Pub., 1983. Print
Comment by Kerrialexis

[size=6]I love this essay!!!!!!!!!!! I am also a firm believer in the Bible and I fear this too.
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 4:26:33 PM
Comment by Jacob

This is awesome!!!!! I fully agree with you and I pray that many would read this and start to think about Jesus.... well done brother. Jacob
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 4:30:21 PM