STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

“I am scared about people dying without knowing Jesus.”

Nathanael
Death Without Knowing Christ

Something which scares me is that people die daily without knowing Jesus. Nobody knows when one dies. The Bible, in which I believe, says that Jesus is the only way to heaven. According to the teachings of Jesus, all the people who do not acknowledge him are to perish, because they reject Jesus as their Savior in life. It am deeply concerned about my friends who do not know Jesus this way.
Our world has over seven billion people. Out of these 155,000 die every day! There is always a chance that one is included in that number. A person never knows when he/she will die. People who do not have an aim in life are often frightened about their future. I am not scared about my future at all, because I believe that when I die I can go to heaven and live with Jesus. However I am worried for those who do not have this living hope in Jesus that I have.
According to the Bible Jesus is the only way to heaven. Jesus says:“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”(John 14:6) The “Father” is God, and God is in heaven. If Jesus is the only way to heaven, I want to follow him my whole life. It profoundly disturbs me to know that there are many people who have not yet heard or accepted Jesus as their Savior.
The Bible also says that the people who do not believe in Jesus will perish: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”(John 3:16) According to this verse people who do not know Jesus have no hope after death. I am seriously burdened and passionately concerned for everybody who does not believe in Jesus.
Thinking about the fate of my friends, strangers, and even enemies who do not know Jesus really scares me. One of Jesus' parables in Luke 15:4-7 is about a shepherd that has 100 sheep. One of the sheep gets lost. The shepherd looks for the sheep while the other 99 sheep are left behind. He joyfully returns, because he has found the lost one. I consider the lost sheep as one of my friends, a stranger, or even an enemy. Therefore I will do everything to find many lost sheep and lead them to the shepherd.
For me it is alarming to know, that everyday 155,000 people die. Most of them have not heard about Jesus. The Bible says that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Therefore I conclude, that I want to follow Jesus with all my heart. I will share this with everyone who desires to get to know Jesus. I am deeply convinced that with Jesus one can overcome the scariest situation in life, and still have peace that is beyond all understanding.

Sources:
-"Chemical Brain Preservation How to Live Forever." World Future Society. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Oct. 2013. http://www.wfs.org/content/chemical-brain-preservation-%E2%80%93-how-live-%E2%80%9Cforever%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%93-my-worldfuture-2012-talk
-"Bible Gateway." BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible Passage in 64 Languages and 169 Versions. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Oct. 2013. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2014:6&version=NIV
-The NIV. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Bible Pub., 1983. Print
Rate this:
Comment by Kerrialexis

[size=6]I love this essay!!!!!!!!!!! I am also a firm believer in the Bible and I fear this too.
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 4:26:33 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Jacob

This is awesome!!!!! I fully agree with you and I pray that many would read this and start to think about Jesus.... well done brother. Jacob
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 4:30:21 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy