STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I am Scared of the 22nd Century

ihi5edurface
Everyone is afraid of something. Whether it’s spiders, Miley Cyrus, or the dark, everyone is afraid of something. For me, there are many things that scare me, but, there is one thing that can actually be scarier than a lot of the other things; the 22nd century. The 21st century is scary enough, but with everything going on and all the advances we are having in technology, food, fashion and much more, imagine what the world will be like in 100 years.
Girls, even now, dress with cleavage showing, or much more than even that. Imagine the world in 3013, what would it be like? That thought alone should scare people. Imagine how teenage girls will dress. Short shorts will be even shorter. They will be so short, they would have to call them short short shorts. Or even their shirts; they are already now too low cut to the point where we can see way too much of their cleavage. In 100 years, those shirts we thought were bad now, will be even worse! We may not even wear shirts then! Even boys, and how they wear their pants halfway down their butt; in 100 years, their pants will probably be around their ankles (if they are even wearing pants). And, honestly, that should be a thought that could scare the toughest of person.
Today, we have the iPhone, we have the iPod, the iPads, and everything in between. The technological advancements we have had have been incredible, but where is the line between a better quality of life, and just sheer laziness? The ipads, and iphones can do so much that we never imagined possible as children, and in 100 years from now, I can only begin to wonder how the world will be. All I can think of is the movie “Wall-E” and how lazy the people were in those chairs that moved around. They had a screen in front of them, and they would videochat with the person next to them so they wouldn’t have to turn their head. Our triglycerides (fat in blood) will be so high, that we will be walking heart attacks and strokes. The population of the U.S. alone that is obese, or overweight, is already high, but in 100 years, we will be unimaginably unhealthy.
Imagine the world in 100 years, what do you think it will be like? Will we improve the world? Stop, and think about what has happened in recent years, from the Japan Nuclear leak, the contaminated vegetables and fruits, the plane hijackings, murder, and everything in between; what will the world be like in 3013? The world evolves so fast, and lately, it seems more for the bad than the good. There are good elements, but are they enough to outweigh the bad? The future generation and the world may be in some real trouble, and honestly, that scares me more than anything else.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy