I am Scared of the 22nd Century

ihi5edurface
Everyone is afraid of something. Whether it’s spiders, Miley Cyrus, or the dark, everyone is afraid of something. For me, there are many things that scare me, but, there is one thing that can actually be scarier than a lot of the other things; the 22nd century. The 21st century is scary enough, but with everything going on and all the advances we are having in technology, food, fashion and much more, imagine what the world will be like in 100 years.
Girls, even now, dress with cleavage showing, or much more than even that. Imagine the world in 3013, what would it be like? That thought alone should scare people. Imagine how teenage girls will dress. Short shorts will be even shorter. They will be so short, they would have to call them short short shorts. Or even their shirts; they are already now too low cut to the point where we can see way too much of their cleavage. In 100 years, those shirts we thought were bad now, will be even worse! We may not even wear shirts then! Even boys, and how they wear their pants halfway down their butt; in 100 years, their pants will probably be around their ankles (if they are even wearing pants). And, honestly, that should be a thought that could scare the toughest of person.
Today, we have the iPhone, we have the iPod, the iPads, and everything in between. The technological advancements we have had have been incredible, but where is the line between a better quality of life, and just sheer laziness? The ipads, and iphones can do so much that we never imagined possible as children, and in 100 years from now, I can only begin to wonder how the world will be. All I can think of is the movie “Wall-E” and how lazy the people were in those chairs that moved around. They had a screen in front of them, and they would videochat with the person next to them so they wouldn’t have to turn their head. Our triglycerides (fat in blood) will be so high, that we will be walking heart attacks and strokes. The population of the U.S. alone that is obese, or overweight, is already high, but in 100 years, we will be unimaginably unhealthy.
Imagine the world in 100 years, what do you think it will be like? Will we improve the world? Stop, and think about what has happened in recent years, from the Japan Nuclear leak, the contaminated vegetables and fruits, the plane hijackings, murder, and everything in between; what will the world be like in 3013? The world evolves so fast, and lately, it seems more for the bad than the good. There are good elements, but are they enough to outweigh the bad? The future generation and the world may be in some real trouble, and honestly, that scares me more than anything else.