I am scared of drowning

stinkydipper
I am scared of drowning. I have nightmares about it all the time. This is one of the worsts.
My hair is stuck. It's stuck and I'm stuck with it. Normally I would not panic, just figure it out and be done with it. It's a little harder to do that now since I'm on a time limit. And also underwater.
I cannot take deep breaths to calm myself, for then I am not even giving myself a chance. Sucking in water like a starving person would food wont help. So instead, I push back panic and gingerly reach back. I have short hair so the pipe eating me up is closer to scalp then I'd like. I pull gently, get no result, so really yank on it. A blast of bubbles escape my mouth at the unexpected pain. I curse myself for the waste of very needed oxygen, though my reaction is understandable. It feels as though part of my head has been ripped violently off and is now floating along in the water, free and leaving the rest of me to die.
Okay. My hair isn't going to come out. Not like that, anyway. Get help. that or somehow find something that can cut my hair off. A sloppy haircut is the least of my problems right now. I thrash my legs, trying not to jerk my head and worsen my pain. There are other people in the pool and others sitting in those chairs. The ones you can lay down in. The ones I always fall through. The ones I wish I'm in right now. My lungs scream and no one is coming to rescue me. 'Shut up' I tell myself. Do something. Shorts and a sort of shirt you surf in. Nothing sharp in or on them. Not on the bikini top I'm wearing under, either. Shoot, I'm feeling it now. I kick some more, as hard as I can hoping someone will see the splashes. No life guards. Before I liked that, now I'm thinking some real mean things at whoever's stupid idea that was.
Tick. Tick. Tick. I can practically hear my life slipping away. I want to scream, but those bubbles that would come out can possibly save me if they stay in. Tick. Tick. Tick. Now I'm panicking. What else am I suppose to do? I kick and buck, twisting my head back and forth and not feeling the pain. There's spots in my vision. Oh, no. I will not pass out.
Come on, people! I've three siblings swimming about with some elderly people down in the shallow end, walking back and firth. My mom is knitting, her feet dangling in the water. Someone will find me. It's only a matter of seconds. Tick. Tick. Tick. I will not pass out and breathe in water unknowingly. I will not. I will not. I will not. I will not....
That is what I'm scared of.