My Hero Is Sidney Poitier

cheyennerolle
Many would not have a difficult time writing a hero essay. Most would list their parent(s) or a favorite superhero. For some have no clue what a hero embodies. After looking over my list of admirers, one person whom been a huge impact in my life is Sidney Poitier.
I admirer Sidney Poitier because he never conformed into believing he will not capture his goals. I have experienced that life will change from what is desired. I do not want to stop chasing my dreams. Mr. Poitier was determined to make life better for him and his family. He had faith in every activity he did will accomplish proving for his family. Sidney Poitier was selfless in every decision he made regarding them. It is easy to lose track of your wishes when constant struggles are in the way, but Poitier was determined to make with what life threw at him.
Born into poverty, Sidney Poitier was humble. He did not accept that life is supposed to be shortage for some and surplus for others. His morals adopted from island roots attached to him in life. When he was offered demeaning roles like a ‘pimp’ or an ‘uneducated’ black man, he declined every time because he valued equality of everyone. He stood up to racism in Hollywood. Poitier changed the way black actors’ portrayed roles in movies. He respected everyone he worked with even if they disrespected him.
Sidney Poitier is a symbol in my life. He embodies what a true hero should stand for. Heroes have self-respect, determination that carries them through a journey. Heroes are selfless which is needed to save or impact a person’s life, and strength to succeed through life. Some do not have heroes in their lives. I am proud to have a heroic figure in Sidney Poitier.