STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I am scared of being a bad mother

angelmitchell6589
I am scared of being a bad mother
My worst fear is that I will be a bad mother. I have seen what bad parenting can do to a child, as a lot of my friends have parents who are not sympathetic or do not take care of their kids. As a parent, your job is to provide for your children and to raise them to make good decisions. Many parents that I’ve met do not take in to account that you cannot expect your child to follow what you say when you do not take your own advice. You cannot say one thing while doing another, as that makes you a hypocrite and will teach your child that they do not have to follow their values or fulfill their promises. Growing up, children look up to their parents and want to please them. However, if the parent is impossible to please, that takes a toll on a child’s self-esteem. Several parents expect too much from their child and even if their kid is essentially a well-rounded, respectful kid, they are unhappy with their kid in some way. Having impossibly high expectations will not make your child succeed, but instead will harm their overall growth and achievement. If I am ever lucky enough to have a kid, I do not want scar my kid or make them feel like they do not measure up to my expectations. I want to be a good example for them and I want them to feel like they matter to me. However, I am scared that I will not be a good parent because I feel like those parents that are not raising their child right are not doing this intentionally. Having kids and then realizing that I am not providing the parenting that they need is my worse fear. This scares me so severely that I am not entirely sure I will have any children at all.
Rate this:
Comment by futurejournalist

If you're already worried about your child's welfare, even before he or she is born, i think you have the makings of a perfect mother. For girls, being a mother is what I guess you could call a natural instinct. All that your children need is love, and your desire to give it to them, then no matter what little mistakes you might make (All parents make them) you'll have given your child all that he needs to be happy and healthy and to grow up to be a wonderful parent as well.
It's a cycle, a loving parent will raise a child to be a loving parent, and so on. Even when a child isn't raised by loving parents, he or she has the instinct always inside of them that can easily be let out. Parenting is the most beautiful career I can think of, and one that I think you are perfect for. :)
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:55:00 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy