I am scared of being a bad mother

angelmitchell6589
I am scared of being a bad mother
My worst fear is that I will be a bad mother. I have seen what bad parenting can do to a child, as a lot of my friends have parents who are not sympathetic or do not take care of their kids. As a parent, your job is to provide for your children and to raise them to make good decisions. Many parents that I’ve met do not take in to account that you cannot expect your child to follow what you say when you do not take your own advice. You cannot say one thing while doing another, as that makes you a hypocrite and will teach your child that they do not have to follow their values or fulfill their promises. Growing up, children look up to their parents and want to please them. However, if the parent is impossible to please, that takes a toll on a child’s self-esteem. Several parents expect too much from their child and even if their kid is essentially a well-rounded, respectful kid, they are unhappy with their kid in some way. Having impossibly high expectations will not make your child succeed, but instead will harm their overall growth and achievement. If I am ever lucky enough to have a kid, I do not want scar my kid or make them feel like they do not measure up to my expectations. I want to be a good example for them and I want them to feel like they matter to me. However, I am scared that I will not be a good parent because I feel like those parents that are not raising their child right are not doing this intentionally. Having kids and then realizing that I am not providing the parenting that they need is my worse fear. This scares me so severely that I am not entirely sure I will have any children at all.
Comment by futurejournalist

If you're already worried about your child's welfare, even before he or she is born, i think you have the makings of a perfect mother. For girls, being a mother is what I guess you could call a natural instinct. All that your children need is love, and your desire to give it to them, then no matter what little mistakes you might make (All parents make them) you'll have given your child all that he needs to be happy and healthy and to grow up to be a wonderful parent as well.
It's a cycle, a loving parent will raise a child to be a loving parent, and so on. Even when a child isn't raised by loving parents, he or she has the instinct always inside of them that can easily be let out. Parenting is the most beautiful career I can think of, and one that I think you are perfect for. :)
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:55:00 PM