I am scared of getting bad grades in school.

Jorgem95
My whole life I've been a Honor Roll Student, my parents have rewarded me and have always been proud of me for it. I however, have a tendency to slack at the end of every nine weeks, maybe is laziness or having something more entertaining to do. The last week of every quarter is just like Halloween, it scares me to death. The stress of making up work and finishing projects on time is almost life taking. I know there's a way to eliminate that kind of stress from my life, and that's by doing all my work in advanced. Although I try I always end up getting distracted and that stops me from getting the straight As that I know I'm capable of. Right at the end of the quarter, my biggest fear is taking a look at my grade book, I always end up realizing I did great, but not to my standards. And the fear and tension while the webpage is loading is bigger than any other fear I've ever felt before.
Comment by futurejournalist

I know exactly what this is like. I'm not happy with any grade other than a 95% or higher. I'm home schooled, so I often lack the strict schedule or motivation to work. I often end up doing just this, all my work quickly and hurriedly at the end. I did eight grade in seven months, taking most of the others months in a kind of half vacation way. I got my A's, but I wasn't happy.
Every time I hit one of those lazy streaks, I get depressed and bored, maybe those are the reasons why I suddenly loose my zest for work. My mom says it's because I don't have especially challenging work, and maybe she's right. In Seventh grade, going at the regular pace of any kid in school, I literally got straight 100's on my tests. Maybe that "almost out of time" drive is the challenge you and I crave, though we end up biting off more than we can chew. Do you think it's just that?
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:11:50 PM
Comment by jesusandhislawyers

I think the hardest thing for "special" or "gifted" children to learn and accept is that they are not any more special or gifted than their peers. Everybody's special is just a nice way of saying nobody is. Grades don't matter in the real world. Your school career will be a distant memory once you've graduated and done what you want to do with your life. Special kids grow into average adults, and it's scary and mean and hard, but that's life.
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:55:10 AM