STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I am scared of getting bad grades in school.

Jorgem95
My whole life I've been a Honor Roll Student, my parents have rewarded me and have always been proud of me for it. I however, have a tendency to slack at the end of every nine weeks, maybe is laziness or having something more entertaining to do. The last week of every quarter is just like Halloween, it scares me to death. The stress of making up work and finishing projects on time is almost life taking. I know there's a way to eliminate that kind of stress from my life, and that's by doing all my work in advanced. Although I try I always end up getting distracted and that stops me from getting the straight As that I know I'm capable of. Right at the end of the quarter, my biggest fear is taking a look at my grade book, I always end up realizing I did great, but not to my standards. And the fear and tension while the webpage is loading is bigger than any other fear I've ever felt before.
Rate this:
Comment by futurejournalist

I know exactly what this is like. I'm not happy with any grade other than a 95% or higher. I'm home schooled, so I often lack the strict schedule or motivation to work. I often end up doing just this, all my work quickly and hurriedly at the end. I did eight grade in seven months, taking most of the others months in a kind of half vacation way. I got my A's, but I wasn't happy.
Every time I hit one of those lazy streaks, I get depressed and bored, maybe those are the reasons why I suddenly loose my zest for work. My mom says it's because I don't have especially challenging work, and maybe she's right. In Seventh grade, going at the regular pace of any kid in school, I literally got straight 100's on my tests. Maybe that "almost out of time" drive is the challenge you and I crave, though we end up biting off more than we can chew. Do you think it's just that?
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:11:50 PM
Rate this:
Comment by jesusandhislawyers

I think the hardest thing for "special" or "gifted" children to learn and accept is that they are not any more special or gifted than their peers. Everybody's special is just a nice way of saying nobody is. Grades don't matter in the real world. Your school career will be a distant memory once you've graduated and done what you want to do with your life. Special kids grow into average adults, and it's scary and mean and hard, but that's life.
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:55:10 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy