A True Individual - My Hero

cocoa13
A hero is someone you look up to, someone whose judgment you trust, a person you can always count on. Heroes come in a variety of unique forms-- next door neighbors, famous singers, or maybe even special teachers. No matter the person, though, all heroes share a common trait: individuality. For me, my mom is my hero. She takes individuality to a new level, and in her wake she leaves countless people trying to become a better person.
On the outside, my mom seems to be an ordinary Finnish girl, whose blue eyes sparkle while talking. But on the inside, she is a mass of pent-up energy, just waiting to inspire the unexpected. My mom is my hero because she never gives up on me and is always supportive. My mom is one of the few who truly acts in “consciousness of the heart and soul.” In addition, my mom is fierce and never takes “no” for an answer when she is trying to better the lives of those she cares for--no matter the consequence. She is a high school teacher that students actually love to listen to. Visitors who casually observe her class would see an atmosphere that is charged with her charismatic voice. The room is flooded with vivacious laughter. Her interaction with students shows that she takes pride in her work. She does everything she can to ensure that her students get the best education possible--laced with humor and fun, of course.
This summer my mom took me to England to open my eyes to culture, literature, and history. On the Eye, we circled London from an eagle’s view, while capturing such famous sites as the London Bridge and the Parliament Building on film. We savored the crunchy flavors of traditional fish and chips at an English pub. Sharing these rich experiences with my mom helped me to understand her passion for traveling. I saw why she loved learning about writers, artists, and life-changing events. My mom showed me that humankind is linked together across the ages through universal needs, goals, and desires. However, we can enrich our understanding of what it is to be human by seeing unique cultural elements. We can gain a strong respect for both our connections and our differences. I admire my mom for her ability to share this excitement, love, and respect with me—as well as her students.
In essence, a hero is one who shapes lives with words and actions. A hero is one who inspires positive thoughts and reactions. My mom is a hero not by worldly status or fame, but by true devotion and loyalty to the ones she loves.