My Hero is Hayley Williams

rjrui
It’s easy to pick who my hero is; my hero doesn’t possess super human powers, and is a real life inspiration to me. My hero can instantly make me feel better, and get rid of undesired feelings of depression, anger, hate and animosity. Never have I met my hero in real life, but she still helps me through the worst times in my life. Through her amazing voice and meaningful lyrics does she lighten my mood and lift my spirits and support a righteous movement. Her music is always there for me through thick and thin, it motivates me; to be a better person, to be optimistic, and to always be “looking up.” My hero is Hayley Williams.
Hayley is the lead singer of the band Paramore, my favorite band. If I had to describe her in one word it would be supermegafoxyawesomehot. Her public appearances are charismatic and fun, and Paramore concerts never disappoint. Hayley doesn’t directly influence me but just by her actions do I consider her my hero. Paramore is a supporter of To Write Love On her Arms (TWLOHA) a nonprofit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. I first learned of it when I saw Hayley wearing the shirt, when I discovered its meaning, instantly I became a supporter; inspiring me to help out everyone I can, trying to be a friend to those who in need of one. I’m actually helping a girl I truly care for, stop inflicting self-made cuts on her wrists, finding a reason for her to stop. My hero gave me inspiration to care for others, giving service before self.
“For a pessimist, I’m pretty optimistic,” I try to live by these words. It’s the opening song to her RIOT! album. To summarize the meaning of the lyrics, it says if you give up, you won’t only let yourself down, but everyone who believed in you as well. I know that being an individual is important, if you live your life to other people standards your life is no longer your own. But if you work sloppy and never see anything through to the end, you end up throwing away all the faith placed in your hands. I’m part of an AFJROTC unit, and part of its after school drill team (currently ranked number 1 in Florida). I play a major role in our unit, literally since I’m ranked c/major and I’m in charge of our inventory and our honor society. If I were to just quit ROTC, I’d let down my whole corps. My hero keeps me motivated and loyal.
She may not be strong, heroic, or just and stands at a height of 5’2”, but Hayley Williams is my hero, she saved me from depression, motivates me to have integrity, and to lend a helping hand to those in need, to never give up and always know that, “we’re just getting started.”