I am scared of sticky things

ThatBuddistKid
Some people are afraid of change. I do not fear change I accept and enjoy it. Other people fear public speaking. I love public speaking, I mean if there is a room full of people who want to hear me talk, for some reason, I will NOT disappoint. I know some people who fear the future. “Bring it on” I say, “I’ll be ready for it.” No, no, no I do not fear what normal people fear, I fear the silent killer, the thing that hangs around IHOP and little kids fingers. I fear everything and all things sticky.
Ever since I can remember I have hated sticky thing. Kids used to laugh at me when our teacher would put the little name tags on me (the sticker like ones that you write your name on), when we went on field trips and I would start freaking out and trying to ripe it off my shirt as quickly as possible. I was also notoriously known by my elementary schools’ lunch staff as the kid who, whenever he got something on his pant or shirt, would just take his clothes off right then and there.
Although ketchup and stickers come in a close second, the thing I absolutely fear the worst is maple syrup. Don’t get me wrong syrup is delicious food topping, and I hate that I hate it, but it is just SO sticky. The last time I had syrup covered pancake I was at a friend’s house and a little got on me. Normal people would have just wiped it off and forgotten about it, but I am not a normal person when it comes to syrup. I wiped it off but the only thing I was thinking for the next three hours was”Oh God, oh God, there was syrup on this shirt, the shirt I am wearing right now. Oh God.”
You might consider me lucky that my greatest restriction I face is never being able to enter an IHOP because everything is covered in a thin layer of sticky, but then again when was the last time you got sent to the office because “You just can’t take your pants off during lunch Langdon, you just can’t.”