STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I am scared of rollercoasters

gmuggill
It grew taller and more menacing as the bus approached the amusement park. I was feeling squeamish and my skin was leaking sweat. As I exited the bus with my classmates, I heard the rumbling thunder of the coaster accompanied with screams.
Why do people pay for this? Why would anyone want to feel like they are going to die?
Upon entering the park my nostrils filled with the smell of fatty foods. Funnel cakes and popcorn bags were everywhere. This just made me even more nauseated than I already was.
My friends grasped my wrists and I was prisoner to peer pressure. They held me captive in the long line to the death trap.
"No backing out now," I told myself, "you can't look like a wimp trying to get out of the line."
The rigid safety bar trapped me in. This was the point of no return. I was shaking and praying to God for my life.
The coaster went slow at first. It inched up and up and I said my final goodbyes.
The coaster reached its peak. We were momentarily suspended in the air. I clenched the safety bar tight and sucked in as much air as I could hold.
The coaster dropped and I let out a massive shriek. My hair flew back and I kept my eyes shut tight. This was the end.
The coaster kept going and going. I felt so powerless.
"This is what Hell must be like," I thought.
I kept my eyes shut and continuously cried out throughout the whole ride. By the time that the coaster came to a stop I had already lost my voice.
I was excited to still be alive. So excited that I actually paid twenty bucks for photos of me on the ride. I looked absolutely ridiculous, but it's not like I would ever do this again. Being on that roller coaster was the worst feeling in the world. Thankfully, I didn't vomit. I was proud that I had faced my greatest fear. I learned that I could do anything!
Actually, to be honest, the lesson I learned was to avoid amusement parks. At all costs.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy