I am scared of rollercoasters

gmuggill
It grew taller and more menacing as the bus approached the amusement park. I was feeling squeamish and my skin was leaking sweat. As I exited the bus with my classmates, I heard the rumbling thunder of the coaster accompanied with screams.
Why do people pay for this? Why would anyone want to feel like they are going to die?
Upon entering the park my nostrils filled with the smell of fatty foods. Funnel cakes and popcorn bags were everywhere. This just made me even more nauseated than I already was.
My friends grasped my wrists and I was prisoner to peer pressure. They held me captive in the long line to the death trap.
"No backing out now," I told myself, "you can't look like a wimp trying to get out of the line."
The rigid safety bar trapped me in. This was the point of no return. I was shaking and praying to God for my life.
The coaster went slow at first. It inched up and up and I said my final goodbyes.
The coaster reached its peak. We were momentarily suspended in the air. I clenched the safety bar tight and sucked in as much air as I could hold.
The coaster dropped and I let out a massive shriek. My hair flew back and I kept my eyes shut tight. This was the end.
The coaster kept going and going. I felt so powerless.
"This is what Hell must be like," I thought.
I kept my eyes shut and continuously cried out throughout the whole ride. By the time that the coaster came to a stop I had already lost my voice.
I was excited to still be alive. So excited that I actually paid twenty bucks for photos of me on the ride. I looked absolutely ridiculous, but it's not like I would ever do this again. Being on that roller coaster was the worst feeling in the world. Thankfully, I didn't vomit. I was proud that I had faced my greatest fear. I learned that I could do anything!
Actually, to be honest, the lesson I learned was to avoid amusement parks. At all costs.