STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I Am Scared Of People; Being Alone

MiaPiaLia01
I went to three different high schools in my three years of high school, you know freshman, sophomore, & junior year? Bad grades throughout, always because I was caught up with my friends doing things I shouldn't, involved in petty female drama, relocated to a new state and knew someone at the high school already, got into fights, many detentions, ISS and so forth, now that i've gotten accepted into an magnet school i'm doing so much better, but i'm scared because I'm alone, I've never really been in isolation before, I am socially awkward in a way coming from someone who was always accompanied by a group of females, I was always scared of going up to people and sparking an conversation, was never involved in any groups always worked by myself, my new school is mainly populated of African Americans and Puerto Ricans, very few caucasians, so everyone is very loud, everyone is well acquainted with everyone, due to the population of 600 students, but to me it seems like it's 2000 or more, the school is very small, the hallways are tight people can barely get around, it's quite irritating. The teachers care alot about you and teach wonderfully, my grades have improved drastically coming from someone who was making straight F's not giving a care in the world. In the morning we are forced to sit in the cafeteria, I sit at an table with a group of girls I don't know, I believe they're freshmans, stuck up and always eyeballing me. I usually look at my phone the whole time, for some reason I feel like people are always looking at me. When classes are dismissed I am the first one out of class and into my next one, trying to avoid the crowded hallways and loud people. When it is lunchtime I go make conversation with the secretary in the guidance office or just hide in the bathroom, which I don't know if it's unheard of or not. People always say 'Oh join a club' or just talk to people, but how weird is it if someone walks up to your table and just starts talking to you? I also don't have time to join an club, because they don't provide transportation nor do my parents get off at the appropiate time to pick me up. So what do I do?
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy