I am Scared of the Inescapable Doom that is Death

Kennedy Borman

Death, the fear of the unknown, the inevitableness of the impending doom that no one can escape, that’s what scares me. Unlike other phobias, this is one that you cannot be liberated from. Humans know very little about it. Only those that have experienced it truly know the secrets. It can’t be prevented; it can only by staved off for a little while. It comes for everyone, some sooner than others. Death finds you anywhere. It’ll find you under your bed, during the light of day, in the arms of your parents, etc. There is no way to avoid it. Everyone has to experience it. Sometimes there’s signs that it’s coming for you, other times it just happens without warning. There’s no rhyme or reason for it. It’s unfair. It always involves pain, whether it is physical or mental. Death doesn’t only affect one person; it affects everyone in the vicinity. The pain of the loss of a loved one leads to suffering of an unimaginable degree. Death never goes away. It will never cease to exist. It is a necessity to life in the same way that being born is. Every day you age, you are closer to this finality. People can comfort you but they can’t indefinitely protect you from this terror. Nothing can forever keep you safe from this fright. Every living being that currently exists on this planet will eventually have to face this dreadful occurrence. Death is the universal phobia that every human is inwardly afraid of.

Comment by ridhima

This is very beautiful and true. love it. :)
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:08:44 PM