STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I'm scared of the afterlife

catynickole
Do you ever wonder what happens to you after you pass on? Kick the ol’ bucket, go to the farm, went into the light, follow the yellow brick road, take your last breath, click your heels together, in other words die.
You get told growing up in church that if you make the right decisions, and choices, you just might make it up to Heaven. I’m not trying to say I don’t believe in God and going to Heaven and Hell, but sometimes if just confuses me. Believing in something so odd, and almost fairy tale like, it really makes you wonder. You ponder on the fact of if what you believe is the right thing. What if what you believed this whole time was all a lie? Maybe the pastor of even the church is feeding you lies, or even just scamming you to make a measly income. These are the things that scare me. I hear all the stories over the whole, “I got saved that night, the power of Jesus compelled me!” and yes I have too felt the same way. However, if you really think, maybe the whole worship ceremony just brought the existence of feeling like God saved you into your mind. Or maybe you really feel like God saved you. I’m not saying that I don’t believe in God, because I do, but believing in something so out of this world, sometimes seems silly.
Have you ever just felt like everything is just going all wrong? Around you, everything just seems to be crumbling? Every ounce of your faith in anything is being sucked right out of you? Having faith means trusting in what you believe in; or even having faith in a person, meaning you trust that person so much, that no matter what some other person says, you will believe the person in which you faith in more than anything else. Most of the time, having faith in something or even someone is hard to do, to believe everything in what he or she says, or follow every word they say to be true. Trying to keep your faith when others don’t believe in the same as you, being told different things sometimes brings your faith down. I’m not saying I’m afraid of death, because I’m not. What I’m afraid of is the mystery of if you actually go to the other world, or if you just get stuck somewhere. Wandering around, looking for that other great, magical world, with the big white gates, and clouds everywhere. All by yourself, nobody is there to guide you, you have to find it yourself, that is scary to me. Having faith in something so different and odd, this is the thing that pops up in my mind haunting me, telling me that I’m never going to make it up there. That I’m not good enough for it, the fact of afterlife is the thing that scares me.
Rate this:
Comment by futurejournalist

I think that this is something that often comes up once in a person's life. You question your faith, if you have any, and wonder, mostly out of fear, about what you've heard and been told. As for myself, my faith has been very strong since I was little. That is the beauty of faith, it's so simple. There's no complicated questions, no fear, no strangeness.
You said you believe in God. Do you really think that God, in all His perfection and beauty, after all He has done for us: Created the universe, gave us life and if you're a Christian you believe He died for us. Do you really think He would abandon us after our lives on earth? A father doesn't stop thinking about his child after the child has died, he never forgets; and neither does God. :] Remember that He is your Father, now and always.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:11:36 PM
Rate this:
Comment by thegoodfairy

Well, i m not a Christian so I don't know much about what ur beliefs are, accept that you people believe that Jesus is ___ of God. Well, I m a Muslim and I believe that Jesus was more of a Prophet. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is that sometimes we question our faith, like does God really exist? I believe He does and I believe that because its pure common sense. If a house can't be made by itself, if a tree can't be cut by itself then how can people expect this whole world to be built by itself. And that's the reason I believe in God.
I m sorry I don't really know much about how u believe the afterlife is going to be like, so I can't tell u much about it. Anyway, good luck overcoming or fear. :)
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 12:39:30 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy