I am Scared of my Dreams not Coming True

Skyler
I’m scared…bottom line is that I am scared. I am scared of death, I am scared of being hurt, I am scared of not being loved, but most of all I am scared of my dreams not coming true. Ever since I was little, like many people, I have planned out my future, but cannot help but notice they become more sophisticated as I grow. It is simple: my dreams revolve around going to college at Sweet Briar in Virginia to pursue my horse riding career and to become involved in the equine studies. I am aspired in becoming a vet so that I can help the beautiful beasts that roar with excitement for us to board their backs for there is no other great relationship than the one between him and his rider.
I also am influenced by the idea of travel and the cultures that fulfill Earth’s atmosphere. Since I was in 6th grade, I have been invited to travel across seas to other countries such as England, Ireland, and even France. This year, my family is finally releasing the leash, the boundary that stands between my destiny and being lost under not knowing what to do. It is a way to be involved with other cultures- to see the diverse atmosphere that humans reside in, and to be a part of that is extraordinary.
Every person has dreams that they wish to pursue, but if they do not take action, it does not become in reality. I practically live by Walt Disney’s quote and highly suggest others do to as it reads, “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” This quote revolves around my head. It is as if it is a pressure to keep going, like an inspirer of a poster hanging on a college graduates room.
Through every- ponder, quest, journey, and odyssey, there are challenges, challenges for which I have to proceed to in the mix of the end of the race. The finish line. It all matters what lies in the heart though as well as the mind. It is parted to thinking positive which can be relied on to the first steps of making dreams come true. As a matter of fact, it counts more than the first step, it is involved under every step.
I am scared is that is the bottom line…but not for the wrong reasons, for the right ones. The ones that will make my dreams come true because what I am most scared of is my dreams not coming true, for I am capable of so much, but it is the step that I have to take.