My Hero is Ruby George

ebjoyneer
Ones hero does not have to have super powers. A hero can be successful, inspirational, smart, or even family oriented. My hero and grandmother portray them all in one.
My grandmother Ruby George may not have all the money in the world but she has just enough to lend a helping hand. She encourages me to continue school and go to college to further my education and receive the education she did not have. As much I do not like to be asked “how is school “ everyday, it shows me my grandmother really cares. My grandmother was the oldest of 10 children and had 3 of her own, my mother, and 2 aunts. She has 3 grandchildren including myself. One attends college for Cosmetology, a senior at Sandalwood High School, and a 5 year old attending kindergarten. Ruby makes sure her family is ok before she does anything for herself. She truly believes family is first. Losing her mother and father both in less than 2 years have brought sadness to her heart but she did not dwell on it, she stayed strong.
When times get hard and rough for me, my grandmother is always the one in my corner. Right or wrong. There was a time when I needed my grandmother the most and she was there 2:00 in the morning. She is never too far to help me, I cherish her living in the same neighborhood as me. She is the reason I started the sport I absolutely love, Gymnastics. The gym fees got too expensive for my mom and dad, so she worked herself by cleaning up the gym in order to lower my gym dues. I thank my grandmother for taking me to all my practices and picking me up. She never missed a meet, I could hear her screaming the loudest cheering me on. My grandmother inspires me to, respect myself, and love others as well as doing what will be best for me. I cannot see myself making it in the future without a woman like her in my life. She is the reason I am the young lady I have grown to be today.
Ruby George is a phenomenal woman and I want to follow in her foot steps and be some one else’s hero.