STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Hero is Ruby George

ebjoyneer
Ones hero does not have to have super powers. A hero can be successful, inspirational, smart, or even family oriented. My hero and grandmother portray them all in one.
My grandmother Ruby George may not have all the money in the world but she has just enough to lend a helping hand. She encourages me to continue school and go to college to further my education and receive the education she did not have. As much I do not like to be asked “how is school “ everyday, it shows me my grandmother really cares. My grandmother was the oldest of 10 children and had 3 of her own, my mother, and 2 aunts. She has 3 grandchildren including myself. One attends college for Cosmetology, a senior at Sandalwood High School, and a 5 year old attending kindergarten. Ruby makes sure her family is ok before she does anything for herself. She truly believes family is first. Losing her mother and father both in less than 2 years have brought sadness to her heart but she did not dwell on it, she stayed strong.
When times get hard and rough for me, my grandmother is always the one in my corner. Right or wrong. There was a time when I needed my grandmother the most and she was there 2:00 in the morning. She is never too far to help me, I cherish her living in the same neighborhood as me. She is the reason I started the sport I absolutely love, Gymnastics. The gym fees got too expensive for my mom and dad, so she worked herself by cleaning up the gym in order to lower my gym dues. I thank my grandmother for taking me to all my practices and picking me up. She never missed a meet, I could hear her screaming the loudest cheering me on. My grandmother inspires me to, respect myself, and love others as well as doing what will be best for me. I cannot see myself making it in the future without a woman like her in my life. She is the reason I am the young lady I have grown to be today.
Ruby George is a phenomenal woman and I want to follow in her foot steps and be some one else’s hero.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy