STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Hero is My Sister

danipooh221

“Just call my name and I’ll be there” Michael Jackson. A person that always is there for me when times are bad, who keeps a level head, a person who care for their little sister, and a second mom. My sister Tina Marie Sineus is my hero. She often takes the responsibility to take care of me and manage her family and three jobs. It may see, like a lot for one person but for her it’s just a typical day being Tina.
Ever since I have been a young child, she has taken time to teach me the little things in life such as tying my shoes and ride a bike. This trend of teaching me things in life has continued now that I have grown up. Taking time to teach me morals and values so that I will stay level headed so that I can make wise decisions. She was always going beyond her duties of being a sister. Tina would take me everywhere she went whether it was to McDonalds or to the zoo. Never a complaint came out of her mouth of what she had to do for me. By my sister being a wife with two kids and three jobs, she is always busy. My sister always makes time for me. She juggles her responsibilities very well, and I commend her. I want to have the patience and kindness that she has exhibited all these years.
During February 2009, my house caught fire while I was home alone. I went into panic mode. I called 911 then I called my parents. My parents were not answering their phones. I kept trying to think about another person I could call so they can come to my house. While walking out of my burning house, I felt like no one cared about me as tears ran down my face. Then a little voice in my head told me to call my sister. She answered the phone. I was relieved. She rushed off her job to come see about me and to help me calm down until the fire and rescue came. Tina comforted me in a time when I was in need. Never had I ever needed her so much in my entire life. I just hope and pray that her qualities can rub off on me so I can be a better person.
I would do anything for my sister because I look up to her and I love her. I don’t tell her that I love and that she is my hero but I need to tell her. I just really want her to know that I appreciate all the things she had done for me, has done for me, and will do for me. I called her name and she was there.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy