My Hero is Mrs. Kirk

rexyfayecuenca

Life isn’t all about joy, and happiness. There are times in life when we all just want to yell at the world because of the all the frustrations we have. In times like these, everyone needs a hero or someone to talk to, to make the anxiety disappear. My hero is my Avid teacher Mrs. Kirk because she motivates and inspires me, and she goes out of her way for not just me, but for all of her students.
Throughout four years, Mrs. Kirk has done nothing but tell me that she’s proud of me. It means a lot to me because I know she sees all the hard work and dedication that I put into everything. Mrs. Kirk is a huge motivator because she never wants to see me give up, and she pushes me to strive hard for what I want in life. She’d driven me to stay in Advance Placement courses as well as honor classes and motivated me to get an early start in life. If it wasn’t for Mrs. Kirk, I wouldn’t be as prepared for college as I am today, and I would more than likely be that one student who has to think twice about their future and does everything last minute just to get into college. If everyone had someone like Mrs. Kirk to motivate and inspire them, no one in this world would give up so easily. One quote of Mrs. Kirk’s that has always inspired me is “Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something in this life because it’s your life, and only you have the power to control it.”
Everyday I walk into Avid class; I know that the students, who I’ve grown with for four years, have the same ambitions as me. With the help of Mrs. Kirk, we all know what careers we want to have, and what college or universities we want to go to. Mrs. Kirk has taught us so much, and has given us innumerable opportunities that would benefit us in the future whether it is searching for scholarship opportunities, practicing for the ACT/ SAT’s during class or on the weekends, community service opportunities, or school clubs that would profit on our college applications.
My school’s motto for seniors is “Leave a Legacy”, and Mrs. Kirk has left her legacy throughout each and every one of us. It saddens me to think that after I graduate I will no longer have Mrs. Kirk as my teacher; but like a hero, she has impacted my life and other students’ lives as well. To someone who has never met Mrs. Kirk, they might think that she is just a regular teacher, but to me, and to all the students who have had her, she is our motivator, our teacher, and our friend. Ten years from now, I know I will be successful, and I have Mrs. Kirk to thank in the long run.