I am Scared of Change

JLast
I am Scared of Change
In life, there are many different things that cause people to be scared. It could be spiders, heights, homework, or even your old teacher! The fact is that there are dozens of subjects to be scared about. While there are many things that scare me, the subject that scares me the most, is change.
Before a bad joke is made, I would like to clarify that the change I am talking about is not the common pocket change that people get when you don’t have the right amount of cents. No, I am talking about when things in life majorly change. Although I know that change is a common and rapid occurrence that must happen, it does not prevent me for having a little fear of it. However, it is not a fear that causes me to go into inaction or causes me to go into a panic. It’s one of those fears that constantly are there, yet nothing can be done about it. So, the fear becomes a natural thing and while it still is something I am scared of, it is not a large scale problem.
At first, when one talks about the subject about change, they don’t see it as something to be feared. However, think about it more and then reevaluate how it can be scary. Change is an uncontrollable process that is constantly happening which only a few people have an actual say in which way change occurs. In many situations, no one is able to influence what the change and who it affects. It forces people to move from the calm, stable situation that they were used to into an unknown situation which people may not know how to adapt to. It can make a completely fine situation into one that is completely bad and worse or have the unpredictability into making a situation better. Even though both of these chances exist, we do not know which of the chances that a possible change will be. A person could be planning for one thing to happen only for the complete opposite to happen. Or perhaps it works out but the person realizes that they actually did not want the change to happen in the first place. Maybe the change does not alter the situation as much as one would hope. The fact is, change is a scary thing because it is so chaotic and unpredictable as an event and a possible variable in life.