I'm scared of being deported.

LisaTanja
I am scared of being deported. That simple. I am scared of being deported back to my motherland – Germany. Don’t get me wrong, I love Germany but right now I just don’t want to go back home. In Germany, there is nothing waiting for me. Literally nothing. My father abandoned me to take care of his 24 something year old girlfriend and their baby; my father who could care less about me. On top of that, my grandparents left my mother and me hanging in a tough phase when we needed them the most. All my friends cut me out of their lives, just like the saying says “out of sight, out of mind.” There is nothing waiting for me in Germany.

Why should I have to leave America, where all my friends are, just to go back to where I grew up and have no friends? Can somebody give me a reason? It’s not just about the social life I could lose; it’s also my working future that is compromised. Here in America I actually have a chance to go to a University and study whatever I would like to study. In Germany it’s different; you really have to be an Einstein to make it to the University level. I’m not on this level, but I’m not dumb either. I’m just not smart enough. I have a better chance for a greater life in this country. Why would anyone want to take that away from a hard-working, no-trouble making 17-year old teenager?

I’m not saying that I’m definitely being deported, but you never know what the future brings. I have seen this happen to close friends of mine. Their life has been pulled apart and stomped on. Why is America so strict with Immigrants? If it wasn’t for immigration, America wouldn’t even exist right now! Think about it.