STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I Am Scared of Thunder

[email protected]
Thunder
It was a beautiful sunny afternoon. I was waiting for my boyfriend, Kyle, to come pick me up so then I can go over to his house. I kept looking out the window and my mom kept telling me to relax. Finally a car pulled up and there was a knock to the door. I answered it and Kyle stood there with a smile on his face. I grabbed my bag and I headed out the door. He gave me a big hug and picked me up. I don’t really like it when he does that. When he put me down he gave me kiss on the lips. I blushed a little but thank god he didn’t notice it. We got into the car and I said hi to his dad. By the time we got to his house the sky was cloudy instead of sunny like it was earlier.
“Let’s go swimming in your pool before it rains,” I said.
“Sure,” he said with a smile. He held the car door open for me as I got out. We went inside his house and I said hi to his mom. I went into a bathroom and started changing into my swimsuit. By the time I got out, Kyle was already outside waiting for me. Both of us swam for a while. Then he started kissing me and I kissed him back. He pulled me close and my heart was pounding. Then in the distant I heard a rumbling sound. I froze in place and he just looked at me with concern.
“Are you okay?” he asked. I looked at him and nodded.
“Yeah,” I said nervously
“You sure?”
“Can we get out?” I asked.
“Why?” he asked
“Because I want to,” I said. He shrugged and said sure. Both of us got out and dried off with our towels. Soon rain started to fall. We went inside and soon it started to pour. We changed out of our swimsuits and we sat on the couch. Soon lighting filled the air. I froze in place. Then a loud rumble filled the air too. I started to shake with fear.
“You okay?” he asked. I shook my head no, “What’s wrong?”
“I’m scared of thunder and lighting,” I said. He gave me a reassuring hug.
“Everything will be alright,” he whispered in my ear. Then thunder rumbled so loud that it shook the windows to his house. My body started to tremble with complete fear. I heard him chuckle.
“Not funny,” I whined
“I’m not trying to laugh… it’s just that you’re as bad as my dog,” he said. I continued to shake in his arms. He held me tight.
“It’s okay. I’m here,” he whispered in my ear. What seemed like forever the thunder storm finally passed. I was no longer scared and I enjoyed the rest of the time I had with Kyle.

By, Christa Martinez
Rate this:
Comment by @AlyssiaBrownSOFTBALL#5

I really enjoyed your story it was very well written and understanding! I am excited to read more of your stories!

Alyssia O. Brown
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 8:41:15 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy