I Am Scared of Thunder

[email protected]
Thunder
It was a beautiful sunny afternoon. I was waiting for my boyfriend, Kyle, to come pick me up so then I can go over to his house. I kept looking out the window and my mom kept telling me to relax. Finally a car pulled up and there was a knock to the door. I answered it and Kyle stood there with a smile on his face. I grabbed my bag and I headed out the door. He gave me a big hug and picked me up. I don’t really like it when he does that. When he put me down he gave me kiss on the lips. I blushed a little but thank god he didn’t notice it. We got into the car and I said hi to his dad. By the time we got to his house the sky was cloudy instead of sunny like it was earlier.
“Let’s go swimming in your pool before it rains,” I said.
“Sure,” he said with a smile. He held the car door open for me as I got out. We went inside his house and I said hi to his mom. I went into a bathroom and started changing into my swimsuit. By the time I got out, Kyle was already outside waiting for me. Both of us swam for a while. Then he started kissing me and I kissed him back. He pulled me close and my heart was pounding. Then in the distant I heard a rumbling sound. I froze in place and he just looked at me with concern.
“Are you okay?” he asked. I looked at him and nodded.
“Yeah,” I said nervously
“You sure?”
“Can we get out?” I asked.
“Why?” he asked
“Because I want to,” I said. He shrugged and said sure. Both of us got out and dried off with our towels. Soon rain started to fall. We went inside and soon it started to pour. We changed out of our swimsuits and we sat on the couch. Soon lighting filled the air. I froze in place. Then a loud rumble filled the air too. I started to shake with fear.
“You okay?” he asked. I shook my head no, “What’s wrong?”
“I’m scared of thunder and lighting,” I said. He gave me a reassuring hug.
“Everything will be alright,” he whispered in my ear. Then thunder rumbled so loud that it shook the windows to his house. My body started to tremble with complete fear. I heard him chuckle.
“Not funny,” I whined
“I’m not trying to laugh… it’s just that you’re as bad as my dog,” he said. I continued to shake in his arms. He held me tight.
“It’s okay. I’m here,” he whispered in my ear. What seemed like forever the thunder storm finally passed. I was no longer scared and I enjoyed the rest of the time I had with Kyle.

By, Christa Martinez
Comment by @AlyssiaBrownSOFTBALL#5

I really enjoyed your story it was very well written and understanding! I am excited to read more of your stories!

Alyssia O. Brown
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 8:41:15 PM