My Hero is Shaily

sweetheart72293
Everyone has someone that inspires them in life and they call them heroes. Well my hero is actually my little sister. I know it may be hard to believe but she has taught more than anyone will ever know. She has taught me how to be a good person and set good examples along with the virtue of patience. Our unconditional love for each other is what keeps me going when the going gets tough at home. My determination to set a good example and be good to her is what has made me the person I am today.
“Monkey see, monkey do.” This is the ideal way to describe the relationship between siblings. Everything that one sibling does the other wants to do as well. This can get very aggravating, especially when to them it does not matter whether it is right or wrong they will do it anyway. This is how she has taught me to be a good person and set good examples. I must make decisions everyday considering the fact that she will use me as an example on how to live her life. I truly love and care for her so I want her to look back on the examples that I set and learn from them so that she may live a very successful and happy life. Caring for her has also made me a better person, it has taught me to be responsible along with taking responsibility for my actions. I have to make sure she is ok, and entertain her because we know how to have fun. I will take these lessons with me forever.
Patience is one skill that is very hard to obtain. By nature humans are very impatient, they want what they want, when they want it. However everything is not instant and there are things we must wait for and situations that take time to deal with. Younger siblings also do not know any better and it takes patience to teach them right from wrong. Also nobody is perfect so I must help her when she falls down and build her back up to be a better person. This has instilled me with hard-work patience and determination.
These characteristics have truly helped me in life. They allow me to move forward and work towards my goals. However if I never asked for her I would never get the chance to learn to learn what it was like to have a hero to teach me these wonderful lessons. I am very proud to say that my hero is younger than me and she has saved me many times.