My Hero Is Cynthia Addison

samwat828

Can you imagine being in sixth grade and finding out that your all-time favorite teacher had been killed by her husband? Well, it happened to me, and when it happened I was devastated. Cynthia Addison, my hero, who was a very strong, brave, and spiritual woman, had left this world forever.

Mrs. Addison was an extremely strong and brave woman. You wouldn’t know it by looking at her, but she had a terrible life at home. Her husband continually abused her and she called the authorities multiple times to get help, but no one took it seriously. I admire her for her strength and bravery in standing up for herself and not being afraid to tell anyone about her abusive husband. She was also brave enough to initiate a divorce from her husband and was strong in getting through the process, although it was never finalized. She was always smiling and happy, which is why I loved being around her.

I also looked up to Cynthia Addison’s relationship with God. She had amazing faith and an abundance of love for God. I remember that she had note cards and post-it notes all around our classroom with her favorite bible verses on them, on her desk, on her cabinets, and on her file cabinet drawers. I would always walk around her room and read them. She made me want to go home, read my bible, and post my favorite verses up too, and I did. She also inspired me to read a bible study book written for adults, which I also did. I brought my book to school and read it in her room with her when I was early for school. Mrs. Addison helped me and my relationship with God become stronger.

Mrs. Addison was a great example to me in elementary school. She was brave and strong in very tough situations, which is probably because she relied on God to help her through. To an eleven year old girl in fifth grade, Mrs. Addison was a hero. She loved God and was independent and strong. She was brave through tough situations and taught me to rely on God and to be brave in rough times. Although she isn’t with us anymore, Cynthia Addison was an idol and hero to me and will always be in my heart, because she was so strong, brave, and spiritual.