I am Scared of Being Made Fun of

juliap911
I am scared of being made fun of. No, I'm not another bullying victim, or someone who's to shy to speak out, I'm quite different. I have been known as the loud girl since I was in 3rd grade, and I tend to be quite social and to speak my mind, but its mostly an act. They don't know the little things that scare me, every morning I spend way to much time figuring out exactly what to wear and what make up to put on just so I won't be made fun of. Every conversation that I have I worry that they are thinking that I'm weird or ugly. Ever since about 5th grade I don't remember looking in the mirror and saying " I look beautiful" because I don't think it is true. No matter how loud or outgoing I seem I am quite scared on the inside. I've never been bullied before and I think that is what scares me the most, you see all of the stories online or in the movies about people standing up for themselves but its scary. How am I supposed to stand up for myself if I don't know what to do. Another part of being made fun of that scares me, is how twisted the story can get, it's like a game of telephone. the story starts out as one thing, and yet as everybody continues spreading the entire story changes, people may add things just to make you look bad. Everytime I catch someone's eye in the cafeteria, I get nervous that they are talking about me. Why is it so easy for them, to watch us crumble because of them. I don't know how to handle people making fun of me so I'm scared of the day when I will get made fun of. all in all I am most scared of being made fun of.