My Hero, Chandler Mendez.

TaylorTabeling
Chandler Mendez, 16 at age, graduate in high school, a son of a mother of seven, and a true warrior in his battle of 5 months to conquer Leukemia. April 15, 2010 the world went upside for the family and friends of Chandler Mendez, who was diagnosed with Leukemia, a cancer that attacks the red blood cells. Born with epilepsy, Chandler’s life was never easy, being diagnosed with cancerous leukemia at age 16. Chandler’s battle was long and strong with family, friends, and his church group to help guide his way.

Chandler truly touched everyone he met, good friend or acquaintance if one looked around the room at the day of his funeral they would find everyone in tears.
Chandler was a tough one, always a fighter and protector, at age four his brother and sister were wrestling, he jumped on his sisters back screaming “Get off my brother Preston!” Chandler always looked up to his big brother Preston, Chandler always wanted
to be just like him. Preston and his family would always remind him “you gotta be Chandler, because that’s who you are, your Chandler.” Now, big brother Preston looks up to Chandler, because Chandler battled a cancer many would give up on.

“Chandler was so tough, he’d argue with the wall,” Grandpa choked at the funeral. Memories arose from all who met Chandler, and new ones flourished from those
who met him for the first time in his eternal rest. Chandler was never alone, he always had hope, with friends and family planning concerts and carwashes based to help his health, and to pay the medical bills. Chandler, a courageous young man, had to go from
being a young boy to a man in a five month period.

Watches ticked, the sun would come and fade, family, friends and his church never left Chandlers bedside. Before Chandler became to sick, he accomplished a lot of activities teenagers his age wished to accomplish, such as graduating high school , and obtaining his driver’s license. Chandler was becoming so weak that he could no longer walk on his own, and he was forced to stop texting, something he valued and a way to
keep up with friends.

Chandler Kiefer Walter Mendez is my personal hero, role model, and friend. I look up to him at everything he has ever done, thoughts cross my mind daily about him,
from his cute smart remarks to his brightening smile. All in all, Chandler did in fact beat the leukemia that over threw his body, he fought well and he was victorious. Then his health started to alter, his lungs slowly started to fail and he was in excruciating pain, the family decided it was time to let him go. My hero may not be here in my presence today but that does not mean Chandlers actions and words never happened. His actions and his life are what made him my hero.