I Am Scared Of: The Future

kwilfong11
A very famous quote once said by Franklin D. Roosevelt is, “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” His statement is a good piece of advice but not so easily followed. If one could put their fear aside so easily what would keep you from doing it? The thing that scares me most is my future. I have the power to control it and that may be the scariest part of all.
Everyone talks about how they cannot wait to grow up and I am just wishing that I could stay a kid forever. Growing up consists of making decisions and choices. You have to decide what you want to do with your whole life in the span of a few years. It is scary to think that you could make a decision only to change your mind and then realize you can’t go back…it’s too late.
I often hear people talk about wishing they could go back in time. All the things they would do different and change if only they could be a teenager again. I would hate to think that I might not be making the most of what is supposed to be some of the best years of my life. How do I know if I am living my life to the fullest with no regrets? I don’t want to look back years from now and wish I would have done things differently. I want to look back with a feeling of contentment and be happy with all the choices I made.
The future is also very intimidating because it brings change. People like to stay in their comfort zone. They like to stick with what they know and are used to. When people are forced to deal with change, most tend to feel anxious. New is different and different is scary.
The future brings decisions. The future brings changes. The future brings the unknown. The future is such a frightening adventure to embark on without knowing what is going to happen. To embrace your future you also have to relinquish some of your control. You have to let go and let whatever happens, happen. Though the future may be scary it is inevitable, you have to make the most of your life and figure out everything else one step at a time.