I Am Afraid of Fire

LydiaL1997
I Am Afraid of Fire

One of my biggest fears sense I was a young child is fire. Well not fire exactly, but being in a fire and being burned. I am very careful around flames and it is something I really do not mess around with. I was at Colonial park mall with my two friends who were being complete idiots that day. My one friend sprayed my other friend with Axe body spray and lit him on fire. They told me not to worry and that they had done it a bunch of times before. The flames went so high and he could not get them off like before. He had to throw his jacket on the ground and stomp on it. It made my heart race and I almost passed out.
As a baby, my grandmother told me the story about my great grandfather and how he died when my grandfather was only four. His work place had caught on fire and he went back inside to save someone. He burned to death in that fire. I share the same fear with my grandfather. Especially when they told me about when they played with a Ouija board with my mom and her boyfriend a few years ago. When my grandfather did not want to play with it anymore, the letters spelled out that he was going to burn to death. This makes me worry for him greatly. I have even had nightmares about their trailer lighting on fire and they burn to death while I watch unable to do anything.
I guess you could say that I have a mild case of pyro phobia. I have my own obsessive-compulsive routine of making sure everything is unplugged and turned off before I go to bed and before I leave my house. Sometimes I can smell things burning, but can never find the source. Maybe I am a little too paranoid. I rather be safe than crispy and charcoaled. I am very happy to admit that I have only been truly burnt twice.
Once was when my grandmother had made some bacon with breakfast and as she started to add some to my plate, she titled the pan a little too far and all of the bacon grease poured on my leg. It was the most painful thing I have ever felt. The only other time was when I was making blueberry muffins and when I was about to take them out, I accidently dropped the pan and it landed upside down in the oven. I reached in turn them up right and take them out and I tried to hurry so they would not burn, but I burnt my forearm instead. It bumped one of the metal racks inside and it blistered up in a really short period of time. I will never play with fire and it scares me that other people do. I am afraid of burning.