I am scared of the idea that no one will miss me if I vanished

Rohan Menon
If I’m being completely honest with myself and everyone who reads this, then there is really only one fear I've had that actually scares me all the time no matter who I’m with or what I’m doing. I am legitimately scared sometimes that nobody would miss me if I just vanished. I want to have lived a life that meant something; I want to impact the people I’m around, and maybe only in little ways. If you live and die, and nobody misses you or wishes that you were still around, then have you really lived? It just scares me, and I might be the only one who worries about this, but nonetheless I think about this nearly every day. Often times, I think about this before doing something really stupid, or something very meaningful or important to me. This fear of mine has actually gotten worse recently, probably due to the fact that I just finished moving to a new town and a new school where I didn't know anyone. Saying good bye to all of my best friends and people that I love from my old town was extremely hard, and now that I live here, I often find myself wondering whether or not any of them miss me? I know I didn't really do anything that spectacular there, but I had a lot of close friends and I like to think that I was pretty nice to everyone I came into contact with! Either way, I just worry that nobody will remember me, nobody will miss me, and nobody will wonder what happened to me. The one thing that does help when I think about this, is talking to my old friends. Since nowadays we have technology that allows us to communicate with people far away instantly, I end up either texting or calling some of my old friends whenever I start to think about this. The one person that constantly keeps me sane about this is my best friend. I’m not going to state her name, but she is the only person that always reassures me that everyone actually misses me, and that I have done something decently meaningful in my life so far.
Comment by Samantha.McGraw

I've felt this too. I had a friend that felt this so deeply that he killed himself. He thought that no one cared, no one would miss him. He had no idea how wrong he was. Someone, at least one person, out there loves you deeply and I know that they miss you and would miss you if you disappeared. I wish you the best of luck in your new town and I hope you make good friends. Just remember, no matter where you are or what you are doing, someone loves you.
Posted: Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:10:55 AM