I am Scared of Death

klammert
When I reach to the end of my life, I want to be able to look back and know that I did everything I could, and attained everything that I ever could have wanted for life. I want to be able to say that I saw everything there was to see and went everywhere there was to go. I want to be able to reflect on what I have done and not feel that I have left any stone unturned, or any goal left to achieve. I want to have lived a long and plentiful life; a life that I can look back on a be proud of. It scares me to think that the slightest accident could cause my life to come to an end and take away everything that I could ever want for my life.
A life can end in the easiest of ways. One misjudged distance can send a car rolling and end a life in a matter of seconds. Falling and hitting ones head in the wrong place can cause a concussion that can be fatal. Its is also possible that one could merely fall asleep and simply never wake back up. The idea that at any given moment, one’s life is always at jeopardy is scary to me. There is no true way to know if one’s last breath will be their last.
When one dies, not only do they leave behind all the potential adventures and experiences that the world has to offer, but they also leave behind the ones that loved and cared for them. These people are left to carry on; left with only the treasured memories of those who are no longer with them to grasp to. The pain and sorrow that is caused by the death of a loved one is paralyzing and completely inhabilitating. The thought of how easily this pain could be brought on is what makes the threat of death so daunting.
What I want more than anything is to live life to the fullest, and to appreciate every day that I am given. I want to be able to look back on my life and not regret anything because even the bad times are opportunities to learn and grow. We should appreciate every day that we are given, because you never know when it will be gone; for every moment of every day, is a blessing.