My Hero is My Grandma

HunterThomp
My Hero Essay

My hero isn’t someone that has impacted the world or saved a kitten from a burning building. She grew up poor and in a small southern town where everyone knew everyone and there was no diversity. But this person has made a huge impact in my life and was there for me when no one else was. Her name is Betty Busbin and she is my grandmother.

Betty Busbin was born in 1950 in Dublin, GA. She, like everyone else in the town, grew up poor and was extremely lucky to be able to go to school and finish high school because most children of this time had to work on the family farm to help the family make just enough money to get by.

This woman is a great and amazing person. I’ve lived with her since I was born and her raising me had a huge impact in my life for the better. She has helped me through life the best she knew how too and was the most amazing grandmother/mother anyone could ever ask for. She’s always been there for me and has had my back when everyone around me turned their backs on me.

She’s old and not very hip. She’s old fashioned and sometimes hard headed. She loves to nag and tell stories about when she was a kid. But she’s one of the most spontaneous people anyone could ask for in this short and temporary life. I know I’m never alone in this small small world but I know I have at least one person I can count on if I need someone. Her name is Betty Busbin.

By : Hunter Thompson