STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Hero is My Grandma

patrickammons
Has there ever been somebody you know, that you wouldn't be able to function without? That's the way I feel about my grandma. She is my hero, my inspiration, and the force that drives me to do my best everyday. My hero is my grandma, Thelma Lee, because she gives me hope for a brighter future, and gives me the strength to succeed in everything I do.

A major reason my grandma is my hero is, because she gives me hope for a brighter future. When my grandma was 18 she married my grandpa and moved from the Phillipines to the United States. Soon after they had their first child, which died just months after birth. In addition to the death of my uncle my grandma faced many more difficult challenges in her life. Some of which included, financial hardship, raising 5 children, and working the whole time without a single complaint. The courage and determination my grandma has shown throughout the course of her life has given me great hope for a brighter future. She is harworking and is a role model to me and everybody else she has met in life.

Furthermore, my grandma is my hero, because she gives me the strength to succeed in everything I do. She thoroughly motivates me to try my best and make the most of life. When times are hard and you have no where to turn, inner strength becomes a necessity. My grandma has overcome so much in her lifetime, and truly is an inspiration. My grandma believes in good morals and values. She would rather take the hard and honest way to do something, than take the unmoral and easy way. She promotes good academics, and always helps me out in school situations. Even today at 64 she works a full time job, and doesn't ever complain about it. I am motivated and inspired by everything she does.

In essence, without my grandma I would be a lost soul; wandering the earth without a sense of direction. I would be like a lost puppy, not knowing where I was or who to turn to. My grandma gives me hope for a brigther future, and gives me the strength to succeed in everything I do. Because of her I have high asperations and extensive goals in life, and that is why she is my hero!
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy