My Hero is My Grandma

patrickammons
Has there ever been somebody you know, that you wouldn't be able to function without? That's the way I feel about my grandma. She is my hero, my inspiration, and the force that drives me to do my best everyday. My hero is my grandma, Thelma Lee, because she gives me hope for a brighter future, and gives me the strength to succeed in everything I do.

A major reason my grandma is my hero is, because she gives me hope for a brighter future. When my grandma was 18 she married my grandpa and moved from the Phillipines to the United States. Soon after they had their first child, which died just months after birth. In addition to the death of my uncle my grandma faced many more difficult challenges in her life. Some of which included, financial hardship, raising 5 children, and working the whole time without a single complaint. The courage and determination my grandma has shown throughout the course of her life has given me great hope for a brighter future. She is harworking and is a role model to me and everybody else she has met in life.

Furthermore, my grandma is my hero, because she gives me the strength to succeed in everything I do. She thoroughly motivates me to try my best and make the most of life. When times are hard and you have no where to turn, inner strength becomes a necessity. My grandma has overcome so much in her lifetime, and truly is an inspiration. My grandma believes in good morals and values. She would rather take the hard and honest way to do something, than take the unmoral and easy way. She promotes good academics, and always helps me out in school situations. Even today at 64 she works a full time job, and doesn't ever complain about it. I am motivated and inspired by everything she does.

In essence, without my grandma I would be a lost soul; wandering the earth without a sense of direction. I would be like a lost puppy, not knowing where I was or who to turn to. My grandma gives me hope for a brigther future, and gives me the strength to succeed in everything I do. Because of her I have high asperations and extensive goals in life, and that is why she is my hero!