STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

"My Hero is Rosalind Crolle"

jcrolle
A wise man once said “Every hero has super powers; it is knowledge and inspiration. His shrewd words meant “super powers” has a deeper meaning than being able to fly or running at the speed of light. Super powers are the heroic characteristics that lie in an individual. These characteristics could be within a family member, close friend, or a famous person. No matter who it is, someone always has a hero. My hero has been in my life for the past 17 years. She encourages me everyday to stay goal oriented and chase after my dreams even when it seems they are slipping away from me. My hero is my beloved mother, Rosalind Crolle.
Cognizant. Integrity. Self Assurance. I see my mother manifest these heroic characteristics physically and emotionally. In her young adult years, my mother has struggled to keep her dignity because of her troubled past. Having no one but herself and my big brother at the time, she did everything she could to give my brother what he deserved. People tried in so many ways to hinder my mom from rising above all the negativity and hatred, but the more they tried the stronger my mother became. The determination my mom expressed to those around her, is what moved her away from the pain and sorrow.
Nurturing. Loving. Inspirational. A hero is someone who shows affection and tenderness. My mother is that one person who warmth’s my heart and fills it with words of encouragement. When I need her advice she shares her personal thoughts to me when I need answers to my problems. Sometimes it is not what I want to her, but it is the truth. Honesty goes a long way in any relationship and is why I can call her MY hero. She expresses her words of wisdom that will help me to move forward in life and keep my head held up high. There is no other feeling than knowing there is always someone by your side who supports and assists you throughout the heartache and bad days.
Hero is a word that has multiple of meanings. People see heroes in different perspectives and are why there is no specific definition. Then, there are just those people who are indescribable but there is something special lying within. My mother is the type of person who does not have to show her heroic capabilities or strengths to prove she is a hero. People can look at her graceful face and absorb the passion and desire that comes from her heart. She is the light to my darkness and my strength when I am weak. A hero does not have to wear a cape, but they do have to have super powers.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy