"My Hero is Rosalind Crolle"

jcrolle
A wise man once said “Every hero has super powers; it is knowledge and inspiration. His shrewd words meant “super powers” has a deeper meaning than being able to fly or running at the speed of light. Super powers are the heroic characteristics that lie in an individual. These characteristics could be within a family member, close friend, or a famous person. No matter who it is, someone always has a hero. My hero has been in my life for the past 17 years. She encourages me everyday to stay goal oriented and chase after my dreams even when it seems they are slipping away from me. My hero is my beloved mother, Rosalind Crolle.
Cognizant. Integrity. Self Assurance. I see my mother manifest these heroic characteristics physically and emotionally. In her young adult years, my mother has struggled to keep her dignity because of her troubled past. Having no one but herself and my big brother at the time, she did everything she could to give my brother what he deserved. People tried in so many ways to hinder my mom from rising above all the negativity and hatred, but the more they tried the stronger my mother became. The determination my mom expressed to those around her, is what moved her away from the pain and sorrow.
Nurturing. Loving. Inspirational. A hero is someone who shows affection and tenderness. My mother is that one person who warmth’s my heart and fills it with words of encouragement. When I need her advice she shares her personal thoughts to me when I need answers to my problems. Sometimes it is not what I want to her, but it is the truth. Honesty goes a long way in any relationship and is why I can call her MY hero. She expresses her words of wisdom that will help me to move forward in life and keep my head held up high. There is no other feeling than knowing there is always someone by your side who supports and assists you throughout the heartache and bad days.
Hero is a word that has multiple of meanings. People see heroes in different perspectives and are why there is no specific definition. Then, there are just those people who are indescribable but there is something special lying within. My mother is the type of person who does not have to show her heroic capabilities or strengths to prove she is a hero. People can look at her graceful face and absorb the passion and desire that comes from her heart. She is the light to my darkness and my strength when I am weak. A hero does not have to wear a cape, but they do have to have super powers.