My Hero Is My Mother

v128
There are people around me that inspire me day by day, but only one who I can truly call my hero. I am proud to introduce this person as my mother. My mother is my hero, because I can always count on her for advice, and because she has given me everything I have ever needed beginning from day one.

Some people have heroes who are famous and are in the public spotlight, but there are other people who have no heroes and trust no one but themselves. I am happy that my hero is right here at home, and is the person I can tell absolutely everything to. Usually people have best friends that are their own age, people that they can talk to and relate to with things happening in the teenage years, but in my case this special person is my mother; she is my best friend, and my partner in crime. Anytime time I have a problem, no matter what time it is, she is always there for me. Whenever I earn an achievement, she is the first person to congratulate me. She is the perfect listener, and she knows when it is the right time to talk. She knows when a hug is needed or when it is time to just laugh. The main person I can go to that will not judge or criticize me, but on the contrary will help me learn and grow, is my mother.

Who is the only person that can be accredited for giving me sustenance since day one? The woman who deserves this title, is my mother. I remember when my mother, after a long day of work, would come home and cook the best meal, and spend the most precious quality time with my brother, father and I. She has been the one who has taken me to doctor’s appointments, dentist appointments, you name it appointments. She has been the one who has helped me rehearse for plays, practice for interviews, or try new poses for modeling. She has been the one who boosts up my confidence right before soccer tryouts, or the first day of school. She has given me food, clothes, love; the list is infinite. She has given me the best of her years, and now I will give her the best of mine.

I thank God for giving me such a wonderful mother. You do not find these kinds of mothers anymore, the type that will do so many things for the love of their children. At times I compare a friend’s mother-daughter relationship to mine, and it is no match for the relationship my mother and I have. We are as close as two peas in a pod, and I love her as much as a bee loves honey.