My Hero Is My Mother

somaly
A hero can be anyone, from the neighbor down the streets to the star football player to the waiter at McDonalds, they come in all shapes and form but one thing a hero have in common is the ability to open another person‘s eyes and inspire them for the better. The hero in my life in my mother. Raising two kids on her own, she had to be a strong women since she had little support and till this day she is the most determined, compassionate and hardworking person I know.

To begin, being a single parent is challenging especially when you are an immigrant to an unknown country where the language and culture are all a very new experience to you. This is what my mother had to go through, she moved to the United States when I was just at the age of five. At the time she only knew the basics of the English language, it was a struggle just to ask for directions or to hold a normal conversation. However, she was determined and she went to school for ESOL, where she learned new words and phrases that she can use to help her in her daily life. Her undying determination taught me that anything is possible if you set your mind to it and to never loose hope on life.

Additionally, my mother was always a hardworking person but what pushed her to the max was the fact that she had two children to support. She would sacrifice every spare second by picking up two low paying jobs. Our typical day would be my mom coming home from her first job, cook for us, take a short nap then leave for her second job. Sometimes she would just go to sleep without taking a shower because she was just too exhausted to the point she would pass out on her bed. She sacrificed so much for our family so we can have a roof over our heads and three meals a day. It revealed how much she truly cared about us because she would be fatigued everyday but never once did she ever complain.

In conclusion, there are so many heroes in the world, but to me my mom will always be my ultimate hero. Without her I would be like a train without it’s track, I wouldn’t be where I am today. She made me into the responsible, caring adult that I am. She guided me to believe that anything is possible and to never settle for less, always go for the best. She brought my confidence to an all time high. Having her in my life is such a blessing. People would view her as an average person but to me she is so much more, she will always be my hero, my inspiration, my guide and my guardian angel that I will always be able to look up to and ask for help.