My Hero Is DeMarcus

Tatanya
Typically, people would say that there hero would be either of their parents or a great grandparent or another. Not that neither of them would be more of a hero over another, there is currently one person who is a hero to me. In today’s society, single teenage mothers are given a round of applause for there turmoil and lack of help, but 22 year old DeMarcus, a dear friend of mine, deserves a standing ovation.
All teenagers make mistakes and make up for it later in life. However, some mistakes cannot be made up years later but 9 months to life. After getting his girlfriend of 3 years pregnant, DeMarcus made all the necessary changes to provide for their upcoming family. He quit football in order to spend his time getting money for his ever growing family at a local fast food restaurant. After the birth of their beautiful daughter Aaliyah, Lesley (the mother) also looked for a job to contribute to the family. Unfortunately, one night while on the way to Lesley’s moms’ house, a truck hit the side passenger door killing Lesley instantly. She left her 4 month year old daughter and fiancé in one quick moment.
It has been five years and DeMarcus has been full speed for his daughter and his own life. Since that night, DeMarcus has been promoted to the manager of that same restaurant and produces two local music groups. He also got his General Education Diploma and has plans on starting his own production company. He still lives here and Jacksonville and instead of depending on others for housing and such, him and his daughter live together with her going to daycare when he has to work or visiting her grandmothers who adore her bubbly personality. He is not depressed or jealous at the fact that he cannot enjoy his life like he wants to but feels happy that only he know and has the true benefits out of what happened. He lives his life to the fullest which includes his daughter adding fuel to the tank.
While the name of my hero is not real, his life and how it affects me is. I am so used to hearing about single mothers in today’s’ society that it fails to mention about the fathers. So with this essay, I applaud all single fathers and all that they do. If society as a whole took a fourth of as much as responsibility as DeMarcus did, then we would be singing songs of happy days.