My Hero is Bobby Bowden

zram31
In a world with over 6 billion inhabitants it is extremely hard to find individuality within ones self.People in this time and age are constantly trying to find the easy way out of a situation, rather then working through it to overcome it. My hero is a man of integrity,courage, and honor. His name is Bobby Bowden.

Many people when they hear this name just say to themselves " this is a man who had everything he had on a silver platter." This is a 100% false statement. Bobby Bowden started his college football coaching career at The University of West Virginia. Just imagine the ample amount of pressure that he was feeling. He was the new man on campus with everything to prove and had the least to gain from it. But Bobby kept his head up. He didn't let the naysayers get to him. He was focused in his job and was never at one point distracted.

His first season on campus did not go so well. The Mountaineers finished with a losing season. His career wins and loses at WVU are 42-26. This shows that just because you are counted out that does not mean you give up. The following seasons at WVU were very successful. He was so successful that he was offered the head coaching job at Florida State University. Bobby had to think to himself did he really want to start all over again. If so it required that he move his entire family and he would've had to been prepared to be ridiculed all over again. In the end he came to the conclusion that this was the best opportunity for him and his family at that point and time. His first season at FSU was a losing one. In fact in all of his years of coaching [over 30 years] he has only had 2 losing seasons. Both of them were his first 2 years on a new campus with a new team. If this does not define a hero I don't know what does.

Bobby Bowden is a hero to me in many ways. He has preached to his players the meaning of hardwork and to never give up. I have learned from Bowden that no situation is as difficult as it first seems. We can always overcome it if we work as hard as we can and never ever give up. He has also taught many how to be a leader. Leaders are born they are not made, and no question that Bobby Bowden is one hell of a leader. He had the courage to take all the criticism and was out to prove everyone wrong. Now that Bowden is retired I think that Bobby has done exactly that.