STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Hero is MSGT Doty

nzone
Throughout history there have been hundreds of stories that have been told about heroes. They have saved civilizations from starvation, super-villains, natural disasters, and other catastrophes; portrayed as either gods and goddesses, or a super heroes in spandex, capes, and have magical powers. However, there is one person that I know that has done so much for his family, his country, and his students and I consider a hero and that is my AFJROTC instructor MSGT Doty. His service to his country and his dedication to providing a role model for his students has given him the effect on, not just me, but a countless number of students that consider him an everyday hero in their lives.

20 years of service to the US Air Force and 13 years of service of being an AFJROTC he has made dedication to the United States a lifestyle choice. By enlisting in the Air Force out of high school and going through basic training he went on his way to being an aircraft mechanic for the Air Force that always has airspace authority. A little less than a decade into his career he was soon chosen to become a Non-Commissioned Officer, a sergeant, which gave him the responsibility of being in charge of under ranking airman while working on a 15 million dollar air craft, before you introduce a pilot. The dedication to making sure that everyone was completing their job at a 110 percent and that everyone was paying attention to detail, allowed him to never lose an aircraft due to mechanical failure. Before actual retirement from the Air Force he was selected by Col. James Brown to become the ASI at Sandalwoods JROTC unit. Under his direction and aide to the Col and the Cadets they have accomplished winning the Distinguished Unit Award 12 of the 13 years, a task very hard to complete.

When he first started at Sandalwood he may have come on a little strong to the cadets but presented someone to look up to. He strives to make his cadets achieve above and beyond their goals. “Lead from the front, lead by example.” This is the quote that most of the cadets will remember from the Sarge. He lives and breathes this quote and never sways away from it. All of the cadets that have ever offered praise for Sarge and thank him for all he has done, he always turns it down and lets that cadets know that it was them that accomplished the task. MSGT Doty has left an everlasting impression at Sandalwood High School and an eternal impact on my life and all of the cadets that he has helped mentor.

Master Sergeant Doty is a man of endless talents, which lives and breathes what he teaches. He is a man that will always remain in the hearts of those lives he has touched and I know I will always thank him for what he has done for me.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy