my hero is my mother

sourpatchkid

Many names pop into my mind when I hear the word hero, but none so much as my mothers. No mater how much I hate to admit it, she is an extremely admirable person. My mother is my hero because she is hard working and always has an open mind. She may not be famous, make millions of dollars, or win any popularity contests anytime soon, but I always find myself looking up to her.
My father being in the Navy was gone for six months at a time from when I was a baby until I began middle school. Despite being alone while my dad was off to sea, my mom managed to run a daycare and practice massage therapy at the same time. She cleaned, cooked, did yard work, and still found time to take my older brother and I to the park every weekend. She never complained and even though she was paid minute amounts of money she put all of her effort into her work. One rarely meets someone with such great work ethic.
My mother has always allowed myself room to grow. I was always allowed to voice my own opinion and rarely forced into doing something I did not want to do (chores not included). My mom has invariably supported my decisions and has given me the freedom to fail. Most children are forced or bribed to do their homework, my mom has not even reminded me that I needed to do my work. She trusted that I was responsible enough to get my responsibilities done without being told. Since the ending of my elementary days I woke myself up, made my own breakfast, and got myself to school. I have been nurtured by my mother but also given enough space that I have acquired independence, one of the most vital living skills. My mom has been open minded to the fact that parents must step aside and let their kids make their own decisions.
Some heroes do not make the comic books and my mom is one of them. She is incredibly strong mentally and physically. Without her I would not be the person I am today. She is the reason I make such fantastic grades and put so much effort into everything I do. She is not only my mother, she is my hero. Even though I would never tell her, I am extremely grateful to have her as a mother.