"My Hero Rodney Lanning"

bullseyetf904
How can a "Hero" be defined? Is it someone who puts his life on the line day to day just to save a person they don't know? Could it be the everyday person who just does a little more to help someone out? Everyone has their own version of what describes a "Hero". I personally believe my Grandfather is my hero. No he can not run at the speed of a bullet or even lift up a bus full of people, and incase you were wondering he can not fly either. He may not demonstrate the typical hero attributes, but still he is my hero.

My Grandfather is a older man, and he only has one usable lung thus limiting his ablities to do much, at first he does not sound to heroic, but his capasity to help people, his passions, and his capability to think through any problem make him a hero. All throughout his life he has helped people in need, he has been a fatherly figure to people, even someone I know who's life he has changed dramaticly. He has always been there for people, who really needed help. His passion for the bible and God, his drive for that, how he inspires me to want to read my Bible, and the fact that he always has a scripture for just about anything. The wisdom he shares with others.

With both of those he is also full of knowledge of many things. The way he can look at a problem, when most people can't think of a way to solve or they give up too easily, and he can give it a few try's and he will eventually figure it out. What really make's him my Hero is his compassion, the fact that he is always understanding, never easily angered, and always cares.

He may not seem like the kind of "super hero" that would be put in a comic book or a movie would be made about him, but not every Hero is like that. Sometimes it is just the little things they do without them even knowing they are doing it. That is why my Grandfather, Rodeny Lanning, is my Hero.