"My Hero Daniel Rochford"

devinrochford
“My Hero Daniel Rochford” Devin
Rochford
2B AP LIT

The word hero has many different meanings and takes various forms. For me a hero is a person who cares, not for themselves but for everyone around them; Someone who has taken time to become a well rounded person, and a hero is the one who does the most good. My hero is none other than my father “Daniel Rochford” the man who laid the outline for who I am today.
Daniel has exemplified the qualities of a hero in many ways; none shows more dominantly then the care for people. Daniel has spent many years along with time and money to make everyone around him happy as possible. For instance people within the family such as his new wife, whom he gave a roof over her head, put through cosmetology school, and shelled out the investment to go into her own business. Daniel also tries to take care of his friends as if they were blood, for instance when his friend who was across the country was in need of some support my father packed up quit his job and moved out to California to help his friends business. Danny also tries to help out anyone who comes in contact with; whether it be tipping the waiter very well or giving a homeless person a job, my father only wants people to be happy.
But sometime a hero are not born sometimes they are created. The point of metamorphosis for Daniel came in the form of an eight year prison sentence in his late twenties. Daniel was caught for running drugs and given eight years. Daniel who even though was a cop at the time was no hero, he was just a guy looking for a quick buck but eight years of being cut off from the world paved the way for a change in mind set, he came out with the idea that he wanted everyone happy and that is how he became a hero.
I chose Daniel as a hero not only because he is my father, but because he is the perfect example of someone who has became a hero not because they wanted the glory, but because the thought of everyone’s happiness drives him. A hero is not born heros are made; made of hard work, time, and love.