My Hero is a part of Me

ampsoccer15
The definition of a hero is-"a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired
for his brave deeds and noble qualities." Well my hero is defined by how they
overcome challenges not by the times they shine. They are also defined by their
heart and relationship with God.
As a young boy you think of a Hero as a fictional character who is put upon a
pedestal because of his valiant efforts. In other words they save the day. Through
real life situations you come to realize that this charcater can not help you. I was
depressed for a year and a half. My parents got a divorce i lost focus, confidence,
and a so called "family." It seemed like I was in this world alone and their was
nothing i can do to make them get back together. Through this time I was filled
with as much love to release the weight of depression on my heart. I saw them
struggle from day to day and they still do to this day. They shed tears that made
me do the same. Their smile brightened my day. Even when I thought that we couldn't
afford something or I couldn't get places they made it happen. In essence my
Hero is clearly luminescent through my struggle and theirs also.
Subsequently my point in life right now is because of God, but they made it a little
easier while I'm living. You might wonder who my hero is, well it is my mom. Until I wrote
this essay I really didn't know. So I reached deep within and thought about the
one person who was strong, positive, loving, and loved God. My mom took me to church
every since I was young. People are not perfect, but Jesus is. When my mom messed up
or it was a problem she could not solve I depended on God like I have always done.
My mom has been there for me when I did not believe in myself and through everything.
By and large my mom put her hero within me so that I can be a positive influence on other
people. She is humble and deserves every bit of thanks. Heroes don't have to be a man.
And she is my living proof.