My Hero Is My Auntie Tatla

ssajmaa
Imagine having to wake up every single day knowing that life is always going to stay the same: poor and hopeless. In my country, Bosnia back in my auntie’s days no one expected to go past middle school but my auntie Tatla got lucky and went past high school. Through a different individual’s eyes they see a woman with her nose in her book constantly but through mine I see a hardworking, goal oriented woman who does not give up on anything. She has inspired me in a gargantuan amount of ways but the main inspiration that she had on me was to continue to go to school and to succeed in life. She has also taught me to never let another person, or his thoughts get in my dream’s way.
Growing up as a child I would continuously see my auntie studying or doing school work. Everybody knew her as the one who has no social life. A great portion of my family did not expect her to even get that far into college; she pretty much was her own support team. I admire her fully because even when the rest of our family nagged her about getting a different hobby or be like any female Bosnian, quit school and get married while the husband supports family. But she did not let all the ridicule stop her because in her perspective a man was not going to get her a career or affordability in her life.
She would always say one statement that still comes to me each and every day, “Only you control your future, everything you do in school you do for yourself, not your parents, not for your sister or for me. You do everything just for you.” She may not seem like the woman of many words but when she says something she always has a powerful meaning to what she says. It may seem like her influence is vague on me, but it is more of what she does and how I personally watch her accomplish her goals that inspires me. She has also inspired me to become a teacher; I used to always watch the jobs that made the most salary not if I would really be intended to do that job. But she has provoked me to do something I would enjoy regardless the salary.
I never thought a simple, independent woman would get me throughout my high school career. My parents support me in school but they do not understand how everything works because they did not go to school here like my auntie did. The little things she says every once in a while and the little actions she continues to do still inspire me daily. It does not take a lot of effort from her to really move me the way she did, I will always look up to her because I consider her wise for all of the actions she did to get to where she is now.