STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Hero Is The "Big O"

torres0243
With the eye of an eagle and the heart of the noblest dog, Oprah Winfrey has clearly deserved the status she has today in society. Oprah Winfrey, the richest woman alive, has not only faced many obstacles in life, but she has surpassed them and helped the American people surpass theirs also. Oprah represents hope and prosperity and she is the catalyst that pushes many people like me to do one’s best in life. Oprah has showed many that life does not put obstacles in our way to ruin our lives, but to teach us all valuable lessons to learn from.

Oprah, like many other African Americans, was face to face with the bulls horns multiple times. Oprah went to school however, and became a reporter. By the end of the 80’s Oprah had her own show and, but at the time she was not the great Oprah she is today. Oprah was faced with a crucial decision, “who should my first guest be?” She pondered with her producers and thought of inviting some of the cast from Miami Vice to the show. However, not one invitation was answered, and so everything seemed to go wrong. Oprah had a plan B though, the people of America. She started to interview the common people of suburbs and she tackled racy controversies in first seasons, and before one knew it, she had taken off. Oprah not only was faced with a setback with her show, but felt unworthy to bigger celebrities. Oprah’s vision of her show taking off was what set her apart; her leadership qualities was the catalyst that sparked the cylinders of ,soon to come, empire.

Many people admire past and present iconic individual for their qualities and their leadership, but I do not just admire Oprah, I respect Oprah. Oprah the light in the dark tunnel to many youth who are indecisive in life of what they want to do and who the want to become in the future. Oprah clearly demonstrated that anything is possible if one is willing to put a little bit of effort. Nobody could of ever predicted the success of her show, and the ingenuity of her empire. The same way nobody could of predicted her success, nobody can predict mine, only I have the power of controlling my future. Oprah has inspired me to do my best in school, even on the days in which senioritis is at its worst. Success does not negotiate with procrastination.

Oprah Winfrey, the richest woman alive on the face of the earth, is more than my hero. Oprah is the flashlight in the dark tunnel of high school years in which every decision affects future actions. The big O is probably the biggest catalyst in the African American community as well as the young communities of high school and college students who may or may not be taking the right steps towards success. Oprah Winfrey is more than a talk show host, she is hope.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy