My Hero Is The "Big O"

torres0243
With the eye of an eagle and the heart of the noblest dog, Oprah Winfrey has clearly deserved the status she has today in society. Oprah Winfrey, the richest woman alive, has not only faced many obstacles in life, but she has surpassed them and helped the American people surpass theirs also. Oprah represents hope and prosperity and she is the catalyst that pushes many people like me to do one’s best in life. Oprah has showed many that life does not put obstacles in our way to ruin our lives, but to teach us all valuable lessons to learn from.

Oprah, like many other African Americans, was face to face with the bulls horns multiple times. Oprah went to school however, and became a reporter. By the end of the 80’s Oprah had her own show and, but at the time she was not the great Oprah she is today. Oprah was faced with a crucial decision, “who should my first guest be?” She pondered with her producers and thought of inviting some of the cast from Miami Vice to the show. However, not one invitation was answered, and so everything seemed to go wrong. Oprah had a plan B though, the people of America. She started to interview the common people of suburbs and she tackled racy controversies in first seasons, and before one knew it, she had taken off. Oprah not only was faced with a setback with her show, but felt unworthy to bigger celebrities. Oprah’s vision of her show taking off was what set her apart; her leadership qualities was the catalyst that sparked the cylinders of ,soon to come, empire.

Many people admire past and present iconic individual for their qualities and their leadership, but I do not just admire Oprah, I respect Oprah. Oprah the light in the dark tunnel to many youth who are indecisive in life of what they want to do and who the want to become in the future. Oprah clearly demonstrated that anything is possible if one is willing to put a little bit of effort. Nobody could of ever predicted the success of her show, and the ingenuity of her empire. The same way nobody could of predicted her success, nobody can predict mine, only I have the power of controlling my future. Oprah has inspired me to do my best in school, even on the days in which senioritis is at its worst. Success does not negotiate with procrastination.

Oprah Winfrey, the richest woman alive on the face of the earth, is more than my hero. Oprah is the flashlight in the dark tunnel of high school years in which every decision affects future actions. The big O is probably the biggest catalyst in the African American community as well as the young communities of high school and college students who may or may not be taking the right steps towards success. Oprah Winfrey is more than a talk show host, she is hope.