My Hero is My Big Brother

hoshinva
In the entirety of my life that now has spanned for almost 16 years, I have never respected anyone more than my big brother, Jonathan. Granted, he is not a consanguineous brother, but he is as much a brother to me as any pair of brothers there might be, if not more.
I first chanced upon him when I was thirteen and he was seventeen at a backyard barbeque grill, and as his physiognomy on the whole seemed to indicate an athlete, I was given to the prejudice that he was some sort of a jock. But I was gravely mistaken, and I understood that as we started to get acquainted with another and found a common ground: philosophy. As years passed, our friendship grew stronger and stronger. Sometimes we would start debating and would not stop talking for hours and hours.
He told me of things that I had never known, philosophies of different regions, theories, and so forth. He's taught me to play tennis and how to play better pingpong. He's told me what to read and what to learn. And finally--his greatest gift to me--he's inspired me to write and become better at writing.
It was not much his physical prowess or his intellectual lustre, as it was this calm collected and beatific way he carried himself that imbued an excitement of sort inside those who were fortunate enough to be his acquaintances.
Perhaps his only flaw as a person is that he is not willing to work hard in school out of his own volition. I presume he feels much too smart to give school "a try", and indeed he is. But in requital, his grades are not as good as it should be and that saddens me.
Nevertheless, I daresay that he is the only person i have seen who is in such proximity to perfection. He is my idol and my muse.