My Hero Is Autumn Swafford.

ReeseJensen
Although she's not famous, my mother is an amazing, strong, independent, phenomenal woman. I'm sure anyone was has had the pleasure of meeting her would agree. My mother is a big motivation and inspiration to me. I know everyone feels this way towards their mom but mine would take your breath away. Born into an abusive household with an alcoholic mother and absent father, my mother did not have a fabulous lifestyle, but she still managed to see the good in people. She didn't dwell on the bad. She only focused on the positive and that's what makes her so strong today. She hit a couple of bumps in the road just as anyone would have if put in the position. She got pregnant at the age of 17 then again at 18. But her willpower kept her going. She never attended college, but hey with two children fresh out the oven and no money in the bank who could? She still managed to find a job. Inconveniently enough my wonderful mom worked at a job for mostly men. She didn't always get treated fairly but she stuck by it. Then at age 30 after her life was back on track she managed to do the unthinkable. What is the unthinkable you ask..? To have another child. A beautiful baby girl. Me! With a new child on the way my mother still worked. I guess she had to though. She had three children now and no daddy. She worked all the way up until delivery day. April 10, 1996 I was born. My mother took off for two weeks until she could find a nanny. She stayed faithful for her job. In fact she's still working there after 17 years. If that's not dedication then what is..? Growing up with my brothers was very rough. Let's just say they weren't the best pumpkins in the patch. They got in trouble at school all the time. Smoked weed and dropped out. Seeing my mom crying at 2:00 AM because she had no knowledge of where they were or what they were doing started to take a toll on my life and hers. They were constantly in and out of jail. I vowed I would be different. Something inside of my couldn't see her cry anymore. Then my brother decided to have sex with his girlfriend also addicted to meth. She got pregnant. But when she found out they were both incarcerated and no one could take care of it. So my mom took on the responsibility involuntarily. We loved that baby unconditionally. Two months later it died of S.I.D.S . It killed my mother and I. But we moved on. She still struggles with her sons. She is a very strong woman and I commend her for it. With a tear in my eye I write this last sentence with passion and sorrow. I hope one day I can be just like her!!